Published on : Thursday, February 2, 2017
The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa, California, is proud to announce its prestigious 2017 Masters Winemaker Dinner Series. Each event features a multicourse dinner expertly paired with the best in Napa Valley wines from well-known names like Silver Oak and Schramsberg to boutique winery and cult favorites like Peter Michael, Paul Hobbs and Palmaz. The series takes place in the intimate Estate Cave at The Meritage Resort or one of the property’s other desirable locations like the Vineyard Deck and outdoor terraces. The first event is this Friday (February 3) with Far Niente Winery and Nickel & Nickel Vineyards, and tickets are currently available for purchase at MeritageResort.com/Events.
Designed to create an unforgettable experience, every dinner begins with a reception featuring wine and a variety of appetizers in the heart of the vineyards behind The Meritage Resort or overlooking its hillside vineyards. The reception is followed by a dinner that offers hard-to-find, winery exclusive or first-release wines.
“When planning our wine dinners, we try to create unique experiences for our guests,” said Frederic Najem, director of food and beverage, The Meritage Resort. “For example, at a dinner featuring Opus One in 2016, we placed screens around the room, so as guests were sitting at the table, they could see a live behind-the-scenes feed of our chef and culinary team plating each dish. At most dinners, our executive chef, Ryan Rupp and pastry chef work together to create a dessert incorporating an added ‘wow’ factor. These desserts often involve experimental and interactive elements, including flames, liquid nitrogen and edible chocolate art that encourage guest participation.”
To purchase tickets to any of the following Winemaker Dinners, please visit The Meritage Resort and Spa website at MeritageResort.com/Events, NightOut or book as part of a guestroom reservation at The Meritage Resort and Spa. Prices range from $99 to $349 per person inclusive of gratuity and taxes. All events are open to the public, and reserved for guests 21 and over.
2017 Master Winemaker Dinner and Special Event Series:
• Feb. 3 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Far Niente Winery and Nickel & Nickel Vineyards
• March 10 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Quintessa, Flowers, Illumination, and Faust
• May 12-14 – Mother’s Day Weekend with Veuve Clicquot (includes Winemaker Dinner and Brunch)
• June 2 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Peter Michael Winery
• July 21 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Paul Hobbs Winery
• Aug. 25 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Schramsberg Vineyards and J. Davies Estate
• Sept. 22 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Staglin Family Vineyard
• Oct. 21 – Masters Winemaker Dinner Series with Silver Oak and Twomey Cellars
• Nov. 18 – Masters Winemaker Dinner with Palmaz Vineyards
• Dec. 31 – Celebrate New Year’s in the Napa Valley (Winemaker Dinner with Trinitas Cellars and a Ballroom Dinner, both followed by an After Party)