- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Friday, July 28, 2017
Food, food….. And more food! Orange County has dozens of options when it comes to dining. From city to city, each place has a diverse mix of restaurants that offer a taste of everything. Plan a trip throughout The OC and take your taste buds on a culinary adventure.
Day One – Getting a Taste of Costa Mesa
Only one mile away from the Pacific Ocean, Costa Mesa is a world class gem in Orange County. Settle in at the Costa Mesa Marriott and start off with a bite to eat. The Old Vine Cafe has an international menu adding to its European cafe atmosphere. Blueberry pancakes at Restaurant Marin are always a solid choice or go savory with their lobster hash.
Make plans to see an evening show at Orange County’s premier arts venue, Segerstrom Center for The Arts. Before the show, enjoy Din Tai Fung’s signature dumplings or cuban cuisine at Havana.
Day Two – Trying the Flavors of Laguna Beach
Lining the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Laguna Beach shines as a culinary chameleon by the sea. Enjoying a California omelet with a latte at Cafe Heidelberg or french toast with a side of fresh fruit at the Penguin Cafe means the day is off to a good start. Explore the coastal city using the free open air trolley service, making a detour to local’s favorite Nick’s Laguna Beach for lunch and a great view.
It’s great to know that rooming at La Casa Del Camino means ending the day with panoramic coastal views, lounging at The Rooftop Lounge (located on the rooftop at La Casa Del Camino).
Day Three – Savoring the Seasonings of Newport Beach
Get a jumpstart on your day by the beach at The Beachcomber. The laidback beach front cafe serves savory and sweet plates at the front steps of the ocean.
After breakfast, travel up the coast on Pacific Coast Highway to spot a few surfers at Corona Del Mar Beach. Cruise around to Balboa Peninsula to try gnocchi, a type of potato dumpling, from authentic Italian Restaurant Il Farro or enjoy a taste of American comfort food at The Porch.
Freshen up and rest at the Island Hotel before heading to dinner. Head to Five Crowns for a few ounces of their famous roasted prime rib, served with Yorkshire pudding and creamed corn.
Also, you could indulge in a seasonal three course meal starting with charcuterie, many entree options and ending with madeleines and fresh berries for dessert at A Restaurant.
Day Four – One Last Try…. of Everything
Make any one of these restaurants your last stop before you say goodbye to The OC!
● Costa Mesa
○ Taco Maria – Orange County host spot Taco Maria gives a kick to traditional Mexican cuisine with classic and new ingredients. Try any of their tacos and you’ll know exactly what we mean!
○ The Halal Guys – A North American sensation,The Halal Guys brings Mediterranean and Middle Eastern plates to their first California location in Costa Mesa with traditional kebabs, gyros, falafel platters and their signature “White Sauce”.
○ St. Pattisserie Chocolat – Expert Pastry Chef Stephane Treand’s premiere pastry shop, St. Pattisserie Chocolat serves tasty French pastries baked to perfection. A classic croissant is always great, but their chocolates, macarons, and homemade gelato are a close second.
● Laguna Beach
○ Banzi Bowl – A mixture of fruity goodness, Banzi Bowl blends a variety of fruits, nuts, granola and berries to make healthy concoctions of sweetness and health.
○ Mozambique – Doubling as a restaurant and music venue, Mozambique is a great steakhouse with a mixed menu of surf and turf placed in South African decor.
○ Three seventy Common Kitchen – From light appetizers to hearty plates, Three Seventy Common pulls from international cuisine to dish out a global menu with a Southern California twist.
● Newport Beach
○ Nobu Newport Beach – World-known Japanese cuisine restaurant, Nobu, has made its way to Orange County serving traditional dishes with Nobu style along the coastline of Newport Beach.
○ Fig and Olive – Styled as if it was pluck out of the French Riviera, Fig and Olive for offers an innovative Mediterranean menu featuring figs and premium olive oil.
○ Bear Flag Fish Co. – Serving up a quick fix for any seafood craving, Big Flag Fish Co. has a great selection of fresh fish to be enjoyed in so many ways!
Tags: Taste of The OC