- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Friday, June 30, 2017
A small group of travel agents and airline consulting firm representatives were among the lucky passengers on board Air Transat’s inaugural flight to Tel Aviv, which took off from Montreal on June 18. These globetrotters took part in a familiarization trip that showed them that Israel has a lot to offer as a holiday destination.
Accompanied by Air Transat’s Claude-Hélène Faucher, National Sales Manager, and Karissa Boyd, sales representative, the group of nine had the pleasure of discovering some of the most popular touristic sites. First off, Tel Aviv, the economic capital of Israel, and Jaffa, one of the most ancient port cities of the Mediterranean. Then, the fascinating Masada and its 2,000-year-old fortress, as well as the amazing Dead Sea. And lastly, the must-see Jerusalem and its Old City. The travellers also had the opportunity to taste the rich Israeli gastronomy thanks to numerous meals at renowned restaurants and several culinary visits.
Since June 18, Air Transat has been offering two direct flights a week to Tel Aviv from Montreal, on Wednesdays and Sundays, as well as a connecting flight from Toronto via Montreal on Wednesdays. Travellers can also choose among a wide variety of guided tours to fully explore this destination with the expertise of passionate guides. The guided tours include: Wonders of Israel and Jordan (in French only), Wonders of Israel (in French only), Discover Tel Aviv & Jerusalem (in French and English), and Bible Land (in English only).
A series of new packages is also available. These include roundtrip flight in Economy Class, accommodation in 3-, 4-, 4.5- or 5-star hotels, transfers between the airport and hotel, and seven breakfasts:
• Jerusalem and Tel Aviv: a multi-city adventure, with four nights in Jerusalem and three nights in Tel Aviv
• Tel Aviv: seven nights to discover the Israeli metropolis
• Jerusalem: seven nights to take the pulse of the Israeli capital
• Tel Aviv and Galilee: three nights in Tel Aviv and four nights in Galilee
• Jerusalem and the Negev desert: two nights in Jerusalem, four nights in the Negev desert and one night in Tel Aviv
Travellers can also customize their holiday with the following à la carte visits:
• Masada and the Dead Sea
• Biblical Highlights of the Galilee
• Pearls of the Western Galilee
Tags: Air Transat