Published on : Monday, May 16, 2016
New Zealand’s position as the world’s leading adventure tourism destination is to be further enhanced with a new ‘world first’ extreme experience under development by adventure tourism pioneers AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand Ltd.
Nevis Swing panoramic The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, in recognition of the significance of this ‘world first’ innovation, has provided a grant of up to $500,000 to cover a portion of the development costs. Located at the company’s Nevis site in Queenstown, the new experience will combine height, speed and flight.
AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand managing director and co-founder Henry van Asch says the company is delighted to have received support from the Ministry’s Tourism Growth Partnership fund.
“The Tourism Growth Partnership fund recognises the need for innovation in order to keep growing New Zealand’s international visitor market and we’re excited to be able to prioritise this project over other activities as a result of this contribution to development costs.”
Mr van Asch says the new product, which has the working title Nevis Thriller, will play a key role in keeping New Zealand at the cutting edge of global adventure tourism.
“The Nevis Thriller will attract visitors to New Zealand to experience an extreme activity that is not available anywhere else in the world.”
The company is not yet ready to reveal the details but the Nevis Thriller promises to push people to the limits in a way not previously experienced. It will also cement the Nevis site (home to New Zealand’s highest bungy and swing) as the world’s most remote and extreme adventure tourism destination.
The Nevis Thriller is set to open to the public in early 2017.
Source:- Tourism New Zealand