- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Thursday, March 3, 2016
SKYTRAX has bestowed this top rating to only six other airlines (*2) across the globe, and ANA is the only Japanese airline to earn this award.
The award recognizes ANA for the consistently high levels of service it provides to customers from check-in to arrival. It also recognizes that ANA has gone above and beyond to continuously improve its service quality to meet the needs of its increasingly international customer base.
ANA has positioned its robust international network as a central pillar to drive growth. ANA continues to expand the scope of its business and launch new routes, while staying true to its core value of a thorough, customer-centered approach with a personal touch to improve service quality, which allowed the airline to maintain its 5-Star rating. In the past year alone, ANA has carried out a number of new initiatives to improve its services.
– After launching a new route to Houston, Texas, USA on June 12, 2015, ANA made a significant contribution to improve passenger convenience by becoming the first foreign carrier to offer an “I-to-I Program” (International-to-International Baggage-through Program). This enables passengers flying on ANA and its Joint Venture partner United Airlines between Tokyo and Central and South America via Houston to connect in Houston without having to re-check their luggage as previously required.
– ANA extended its Customer Service Center to24 hours a day to process customer calls in Japanese and English at all of its international destinations. ANA has also strengthened Chinese language service to respond to the needs of the growing number of Chinese passengers visiting Japan.
– ANA introduced the “ANA & LEXUS CONNECTION” service at Haneda Airport, providing dedicated Lexus vehicles to transfer First Class passengers on certain international routes between Haneda’s international and domestic terminals.
– To mark the launch of ANA’s services to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia on September 1, 2015, ANA has greatly increased the variety of halal-certified in-flight menu items, expanding customer choice.
– ANA became the world’s first airline to operate regular flights with the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Concurrent with the introduction of the aircraft, ANA began offering ANA SKY LIVE TV service, Japan’s first-ever in-flight real-time television channels providing news and sports coverage.
– Following the successful installation of Wi-Fi on international flights, ANA set its sights to introduce in-flight Wi-Fi service on its domestic flights.
– ANA became the first Japanese airline to introduce a self-service baggage drop system. Starting at Haneda Airport, “ANA Baggage Drop” service provides a simple, speedy and fully-automated service.
– Following extensive customer feedback at both check-in and in airport lounges, ANA continues to improve staff training and adapt services to best meet customer needs.
– In its role as a leading global Airline, ANA continues to improve the English language ability of its cabin crew, and is also working to communicate more smoothly with other international passengers by employing cabin crew based in Bangkok and Hong Kong.
As a prestigious, globally-recognized international measure of quality and customer satisfaction, the SKYTRAX award plays an important role in ANA’s business strategy to ensure it is positioned as a leading airline across the globe. ANA’s continuous investment in its network, offerings and services is enabling the airline to capture growing demand from international travelers, and ANA is committed to providing inspired service as well as safe, high-quality air travel to customers around the world.
(*1) SKYTRAX, established in 1989, is an airline consulting and rating company based in London, UK. In addition to the Airline Star Ratings, which ranks airlines between 1-Star and 5-Star, the company also organizes the World Airline Awards, which are based on an evaluation of more than 200 airlines assessed each year using SKYTRAX’s own online questionnaire and various other customer surveys. The World Airline Awards first recognized ANA in 2011 through the World’s Best Airport Services and Staff Service Excellence, Asia Award. ANA collected another World Airline Award in 2012 as Best Transpacific Airline. In 2013 and 2014, ANA was awarded World’s Best Airport Services for two consecutive years. ANA was also awarded Best Cabin Cleanliness in 2013 and Best Transpacific Airline in 2014.
(*2) Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Hainan Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines.