- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Monday, May 18, 2015
Under the parole: ‘Be the change you want to see in the world’ Wonderful Copenhagen CVB, supported by VisitDenmark and partners Copenhagen’s meetings industry, launched the #BeeSustain initiative at IMEX Frankfurt in May 2014, asking all meeting professionals to share sustainable actions using the#BeeSustain hashtag.
Since then, Wonderful Copenhagen CVB, supported by the meetings industry around the globe, has kept the #BeeSustain pot boiling on Twitter and continuously shares its legacy on websites, in newsletters and through press trips and famtrips.
Today, one year later, #BeeSustain has a tweetreach of almost eight million and has played a crucial role when Wonderful Copenhagen CVB won prestigious industry prizes such as the ICCA Best PR Award 2014 and the award for Best Campaign at the Danish MPI Awards 2015.
We want to celebrate the legacy of #BeeSustain: Look for the Danish stand F270 at IMEX 2015 – you can win a sustainable incentive trip to Copenhagen!
What you can win:
1st Prize: A #BeeSustain incentive weekend stay for two people in Copenhagen, including:
– Two nights in a double room at Hotel Radisson Blu Scandinavia, breakfast included. Radisson is known as an environmental frontrunner not at least because of it’s extensive Think Planet program. The Radisson Blu Scandinavia is situated minutes away from the city center and just 15 minutes from Copenhagen Airports.
– 48 hours bike rental. The best and most sustainable way to experience Copenhagen is by bike. Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel will provide you with two bikes to make sure that you blend in with the Copenhageners.
– 2 x Copenhagen Cards giving you free public transportation and entrance to more than 70 Copenhagen attractions such as Tivoli Gardens and Strömma Canal Tours.
Tivoli Gardens was the world’s first amusement park to run strictly on renewable energy and recently they took another important green step by placing 10 beehives on their property. Strömma Canal Tours just inaugurated a three-year cooperation with WWF for a better and cleaner marine environment.
– 1 x exclusive Honey Experience for two with the Copenhagen By Bi (CityBee) foundation incl. tasting of locally produced honey.
– 2 x lunch for two: One at organic hotdog stand DØP in Copenhagen and another at organic eatery BioMio in the trendy Meatpacking District.
– 2 x dinner for two: One at the **Michelin-starred restaurant Geranium, which focuses on New Nordic cuisine and seasonal ingredients and another at Restaurant TOLDBODEN, sustainable eatery at the harbor front in Copenhagen.
– 2 x drinks at Copenhagen Street Food. The street food market has a sustainable profile and part of the surplus is used for the conservation of a biodynamic farm just north of Copenhagen.
2nd-5th Prize: Copenhagen ByBi (City Bee) gift packs containing: two honey beers and a gift tube with honey form five parts of Copenhagen.
6th-15th Prize: Gift tube with honey form five parts of Copenhagen.
The honeybee was chosen as a mascot of the #BeeSustain initiative because the bees – and other pollinators – are endangered species and play a crucial role in the ecosystem.
The bees are also connected to Copenhagen in a very specific way. The Copenhagen CSR project, Bybi (‘City Bee’), has released 20 million bees in Copenhagen in recent years and Wonderful Copenhagen CVB adopted two bee families in the city’s Botanical Garden to support the initiative.
The Capital of Sustainable Meetings
Copenhagen has a strong green and environmentally-friendly profile, and with its long track record of sustainable meetings management, the Danish capital has earned the nickname Capital of Sustainable Meetings.
With the title comes an obligation not only to keep on developing sustainable event management in Copenhagen but also to encourage other industry professionals to undertake sustainable actions no matter where in the world they stage an event.
Responsible thinking can easily be a part your meeting too. We believe it can create a bonus for the environment, your participants and your budget. Local organic produce and physical activity is a must in meetings, and the same goes for recycling.
Responsible thinking not only sends a positive message, it also helps stimulate the energy of your meeting and is a natural part of the renowned Danish meeting design concept Meetovation too.