Batam, Bintan attract tourists through weekday tour packages

Published on : Saturday, October 21, 2017

batam-tourismCurrently the Tourism Ministry is promoting weekday tour packages to lure Singaporean tourists to visit Batam and Bintan.

 

The package plan was launched in August.

 

Till date this move has been supported by over 60 industry players in Bintam, Batam and Tanjung Pinang. Consequently over 250 types of tours have been made and over 10,500 promotional tour packages have been sold to Malaysian and Singaporean tourists.

 

Most of these travellers reportedly opt for gold, leisure and spa tour packages.

 

Rizki Handayani who is the Southeast Asia tourism promotion assistant deputy said that in the future they would continue promoting the tour packages in Malaysia and Singapore particularly in Johor Bahru.

 

Rizki added that when they had conducted a consumer selling event in Johro Bahry recently, a total of 200 tour packages were sold in the three days of the event.

 

The deputy minister of the ministry for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana explained that every tourists has its own low-season period where the hotel occupancy is below 60% and therefore it is where the weekday promotion can be implemented.

 

In Bali hotels are mostly fully booked on weekends but on weekdays the occupancy rate is around 60% and the rest of 40% is sold through the promotion as asserted by Pitana.

 

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 AIME 2019
  • 03 AIME 2018
  • 05 ameistanbul 2019
  • 06 aviation-festival-asia 2019
  • 07 thehotelshowsaudiarabia 2019
  • 08 JTTX9 19
  • 09 Conventa 2019
  • 10 Asia Pacific 2019
  • 10 Hotel Management Thailand 2019
  • 10 OTM 2019
  • 10 Routes Americas 2019
  • 11 Bar and Restaurant Investment 19
  • 11 Digital Travel 2019
  • 13 ATRTCM 2019
  • 13 Food Hospitality2019
  • 16 EMITT 2019
  • 16 IITM 2019
  • 17 AITF 18
  • 18 UITT 2019

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

    1. Saudi Arabia Hotel Investment Conference

      January 22 - January 23
    2. OTM Mumbai

      January 23 - January 25
    3. CONVENTA

      January 23 - January 24
    4. FITUR 2019

      January 23 - January 27
    5. ITF SLOVAKIA TOUR 2019

      January 24 - January 27
Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com