- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Tuesday, December 3, 2013
In its third year, the event brings together CEOs and Managing Directors from some of Australia’s top companies to combine their fundraising and culinary skills to benefit of some of the country’s most vulnerable community members.
More than 120 business leaders and 30 high profile chefs took part in last year’s CEO CookOff. Since the CEO CookOff began in 2011, it has raised almost $2 million for charity.
The CEOs are teamed with acclaimed chefs including Maggie Beer, Neil Perry and Frank Camorra to prepare a three course meal for 1000 of Sydney’s homeless and disadvantaged.
The joint initiative between Qantas and OzHarvest aims to put the spotlight on the issue of food security and the challenges faced by youth in crisis and Indigenous communities.
At the same time, the CEOs through their sponsors, generate much needed funds for OzHarvest to continue its mission to turn surplus food into hearty and healthy meals for vulnerable Australians. The organisation currently has 21 vans which deliver nutritious rescued food to more than 500 charities across the country.
The 2014 CEO CookOff will be held Monday, 17 February and OzHarvest CEO, Ronni Kahn, says she is hopeful that participants, led by Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce, will top last year’s sterling fundraising effort.
“This event is becoming bigger and bigger each year and we are so excited to be gearing up for our third year of this cooking frenzy.
This event brings out the best in our business leaders who stand side by side with industry colleagues and competitors and some of the best chefs in the country, united in their efforts to really make a difference to the lives of not just their 1000 hungry guests on the night of the CookOff, but the thousands of people that OzHarvest helps every year,” Kahn said.