Published on : Friday, October 21, 2016
Liu Zhien Min, vice foreign minister of China said in a press conference in Thursday said that Xi Jinping, the president of China has declared that China is planning to lift its travel advisory that had been issued a few years ago that instructed Chinese citizens to avoid travelling to Philippines.
The pressed briefing was conducted immediately after Rodrigo Duterte, the president of Philippines and Xi Jinping had witnessed the signing of as many as 13 agreements on cooperation between China and Philippines. Liu said that the lifting of the travel advisory by China would probably motivate an increased number of Chinese citizens to visit the Philippines.
Prior to Duterte’s China visit, Zhao Jinhua, the Chinese Ambassador of the Philippines said that both the governments of China and Philippines are expecting about 100 million Chinese tourists in Philippines by the end of the year 2017.
During 2015, about 5,00,000 Chinese tourists had visited Philippines.
For the last 3 years, China boasted of possessing the maximum number of outbound tourists that had reached for up to 100 million people.
The government of China has also renewed permits with 27 companies of Philippines that export tropical fruits like mangoes.