Chinese woman rescued after 38 hours afloat in sea

Published on : Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Royal Caribbean cruiseA 32-year-old Chinese woman who is identified only by her surname, Fan, fell off a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and survived even after floating in the sea for over 38 hours on Wednesday.


The woman was travelling to China from Japan and was accompanied with her parents. Quite suddenly, her parents found that she was missing after she had gone to the deck for a stroll around 8.30 p.m.


Thereafter, more than 100 volunteers and her parents searched the ship for Fan. Then, the police told her father that if she had fallen 20 metres from the ship’s deck into the water, there were very little chances of survival. According to media reports, the lady had apparently fallen off the guard railing of the cruise’s deck while sightseeing.


Two days later, on Friday, the father received a phone call mentioning that somebody had spotted his daughter floating away in the sea close to Zhoushan. A fishing boat was said to have noticed her.


The father was unable to believe his ears when he heard that his daughter was alive even after staying afloat for 38 hours. Therefore, he had thought that somebody was making attempts to defraud him of his money. But, he said that when he heard his daughter’s voice, he knew it was a miracle.


He then added that his daughter had always been a good swimmer and therefore was able to remain afloat even after she fell asleep in that condition. The father had also said that she had learnt to swim when she was in kindergarten.


Wang, a fisheries official told the media that the lady was stable when he had met her, only with a few minor injuries on her arms.


A fishing boat had called up Wang’s department informing him about a woman who was found in a coastal region that has jurisdiction by Zhoushan. Then, the authorities asked Wang to check the situation after the boat arrived at Zhoushan port around 7.40 a.m. on Saturday.


The woman said that she had fallen off from the cruise ship while she had been leaning over a 1.4 metre rail and staring at the sea.


Wang then said that the woman had been rescued around noon on Friday. But, she was too weak and could not eat until it was time for dinner.


Wang also said that the woman went home with her parents on Saturday around 5 p.m.


Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo


  • 02 wtm_london17
  • 03 itb-asia 2017
  • 12 TTF17
  • 13 Frontiers Forum 2017
  • 14 bltm 2017
  • 15 questexevent 2017
  • 16 TT Warsaw 2017
  • 17 hospitalityqatar 17
  • 17 worldmiceday 2017
  • 18 worldmiceday 2017
  • 19 Emitt 18
  • 19 IITM
  • 43 PATA


Get our toolbar!
Review on