- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Friday, May 20, 2016
Right after a man got bitten on a beach in Northern Australia’s coastal park land, by a potentially lethal box jellyfish, his 32 years old wife had to be rushed to the hospital because of a snake bite at 8p.m. on 19th May’16.
The husband was fortunately discovered by a park ranger, after he was unexpectedly stung by the jellyfish. The ranger instantaneously treated him with vinegar.
Just when the family was relaxing a little after the occurrence, the woman got bitten by a very small yellow snake, this time, in their very own campsite! The couple surely did not see that one coming!
The lady had to be taken to the hospital by helicopter, which is placed approximately 200miles from the campsite. The hospital in Darwin treated her for 24 hours and then released her after a long day. These turn of events was termed as “unlucky” by the locale.
Ian Badham of CareFlight rescue service said, “They were unlucky to get two goes. At this time of year, the jellyfish should not be there. It must have been a late party and it had not quite left.” He also stated that the couple must have been back to the campsite to look out for their kids; right after the lady got released from the hospital.
One cannot say that it was just pure bad luck, the park rangers should have been more careful to ensure the safety of the tourists. This is definitely not the only time, when the negligence of Australian tourism authority got a tourist to be attacked by the wildlife. The very next day, a 72-year old man stopped a crocodile-attack, by throwing spark plugs and spanners at them.
People say, “There’s nothing like Australia.” Well, now there is no room for doubt about that!