- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Wednesday, January 27, 2016
The Round 10 clash on 15-18 March will be the third time the Bushrangers have played in the Red Centre as part of an agreement between the Northern Territory Government and Cricket Australia.
“It’s great to have first-class cricket back in the Territory,” Chief Minister Adam Giles said.
“Alice Springs has become a second home for the Bushrangers, who are undefeated in both games they’ve played here.
“This agreement is great for the community, helps grow participation at the grassroots level and showcases our first class sporting facilities.”
Sport and Recreation Minister Gary Higgins said the match continues a great partnership between the Territory Government and Cricket Australia.
“We’ve seen from the previous games that the Bushrangers love coming to Alice Springs,” he said.
“The Bushrangers sit first on the ladder and are having a great season; a matchup against the third placed New South Wales will be a blockbuster event.”
Cricket Victoria General Manager Shaun Graf said the March matchup is an exciting opportunity for the players.
“The local community really got behind us last year so we’re happy to be able to return,” he said.
“It’s a rare chance for Northern Territory fans to see elite cricket in their own backyard with many international players from the two states playing in this match.
“We’d like to extend our heartfelt thanks to the Northern Territory Government and Alice Springs Town Council for welcoming us back again and their outstanding support, we’re looking forward to playing in front of a great crowd at TIO Traeger Park.”