- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Tuesday, August 9, 2016
A loss of power at Delta earlier today has impacted Delta operations worldwide. As of1:30 p.m. ET the airline had cancelled 450 flights, while nearly 1,700 flights had been dispatched. Systems are improving and flights are resuming, but delays and cancellations continue.
“We’re sorry for what customers are experiencing as we work to get our operation back on track,” said Gil West, COO.
In the meantime, here are some things to know:
1. If you’ve been notified that your flight has been changed or rebooked, your original boarding pass will work at the gate for your new flight.
2. Customers can now check the status of their flight and conduct some rebooking options on delta.com of through the Fly Delta App.
3. If your flight is cancelled or significantly delayed, you are entitled to a refund. Even if your flight is not cancelled, you may make a one-time change to your ticket without fee. See details here.
4. Delays continue. Customers heading to the airport should expect delays and cancellations. While inquiries are high and wait times are long, our customer service agents are doing everything they can to assist.
5. Unaccompanied Minors that have not yet begun their travel today will not be accepted for their flights. These customers will be able to rebook without fees for a later date.