Published on : Friday, January 18, 2019
Philadelphia restaurants bring together Iron Chefs (Morimoto), James Beard winners (Solomonov), Top Chefs (Elmi) and more (Vetri, Vernick and others) into a melting pot of global cuisines. Whether you want to treat yourself to a sure-to-be-unforgettable gourmet meal, chow down on the city’s trademark cheesesteak or try something new and different, the Philadelphia dining scene is diverse enough to suit every taste.
Five places you must visit to experience Philadelphia dining:
1) High Street on Market: Serving contemporary American, hand-crafted, and locally-inspired foods, High Street on Market is located in artsy Old City on Market StreetIn the morning, guests can enjoy inventive savory and sweet pastries, breakfast sandwiches, fresh cut oatmeal, and house made yogurt accompanied by local roasted coffee. In the afternoon, High Street offers a variety of artisanal sandwiches, salads, house baked breads, and roman styled pizza and more, all made from scratch daily. In the evening, the casual dinner menu is designed to be shared and is served family style with inventive pasta creations and daily specials.
2) Campo’s: Campo’s has been serving up top-rated Philly cheesesteaks and hoagies for over 70 years! Campo’s is the official cheesesteak of the Philadelphia Phillies, Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia 76ers, with locations also in Citizens Bank Park and the Wells Fargo Center.The restaurants offers a wide menu of iconic Philly foods like their renowned cheesesteaks, hoagies and house-roasted Italian pork. Campo’s has several gluten-free and vegan alternatives to their sandwiches, so all customers can enjoy the menu.
3) Zahav:Zahav showcases the Israeli-Mediterranean cuisine of Chef/Owner Michael Solomonov. The main dining room features authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and open-coal cooking in a casual and fun setting.
4) Vetri Restaurant:Vetri has a longstanding reputation as being one of the most respected and influential Italian restaurants in the country. Tucked away in an intimate townhouse on Spruce Street, Vetri provides diners with a unique, tasting menu experience that expertly showcases the constantly evolving, dynamic creativity of Chef Vetri and his kitchen staff. The outstanding rustic, yet elegant fare includes handcrafted pastas, innovative flavour combinations, and artful presentations which have gained the restaurant international acclaim.
5) R2L: R2L is a sophisticated and convivial gathering place where locals and visitors alike come to meet, entertain and celebrate while being thrilled by our bird’s eye view of Philadelphia and world-class, creative American food.