Published on : Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Ashley Morris who was travelling with her husband, two children, nieces, parents and sister-in-law told a leading news media agency that her family has been suffering due to the cruise tour.
On the second day of their vacation Morris mentioned that she heard rumors that people were getting afflicted with a virus that appeared to be spreading fast.
She also added that she witnessed many cruise workers in masks and protective gear sanitizing hallways throughout the cruise vessel.
Morris told the news media that despite the efforts, it was very late since the virus had already started spreading all through the cruise ship and she blamed the ship of adequate anti-bacterial resources. She complained that some of the hand-sanitizing stations at the cruise ship lacked sanitizers and the ship was also running short of soap at some sinks.
She recalled that even the elevators lacked sanitizing stations.
She claimed that Royal Caribbean is not doing enough especially after the viral outbreak. Morris told the media that though she had contacted them they told her they would not act unless they receive medical documents.
Morris also stated that the cruise liner also refused to compensate anyone in any way till they obtain a medical documentation.
The cruise line stated in a certain statement that they knew that 98 reported cases of gastro-illness symptoms were reported in travellers aboard the charter.
Royal Caribbean said that there have been many reports of many gastro illness in Australia of late.