FM cautions Australians about travelling to Europe

Published on : Monday, July 18, 2016

Europe travelThe Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia have urged Australians to think “very seriously” prior to travelling to Europe following a military coup in Turkey and terror attacks in Nice last week. It has asked Australians to be very careful, particularly while they wander around the tourist ‘hot-spots’.

 

Two Australians are yet to be released from the hospital after the deadly attacks in Nice that claimed 84 lives on Bastille Day.

 

Julie Bishop, Foreign Minister of Australia told the ABC or Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Monday that in this era of global turmoil, no city was protected from terrorism despite heightening its security measures.

 

He also said that the Australian government is making efforts to ensure that Australians are safe in their nation as well as while they are travelling abroad.

 

He later said that the attacks at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport coupled with the military coup in Turkey should make Australians “think seriously” about planning a travel to Europe.

 

The Foreign Minister also added that it seems that the Nice attack was executed by the IS (Islamic State) and that she would wait for the local authorities to complete their investigation before altering the travel warning for France.

 

Bishop has asked Australians to resort to travel insurance and cooperate with local authorities and be cautious while traveling in France.

 

She said that no evidence had been discovered that could build a link between the truck driver and the terror organizations and that the IS took some time to claim responsibility for the attacks.

 

Julie Bishop also advised Australians to be careful while traveling to Ankara and Istanbul located in Turkey, reacting against the recent terror attacks that led to a military coup in Turkey.

 

Adviser to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or DFAT, David Beirman declared that the tourists would always be offered “worst case analysis”, asking Australians to avoid crowded tourist attractions in Europe. He told the media that the first priority of the government is to protect its citizens overseas.

 

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 wtm_london17
  • 03 itb-asia 2017
  • 12 TTF17
  • 13 Frontiers Forum 2017
  • 14 bltm 2017
  • 15 questexevent 2017
  • 17 hospitalityqatar 17
  • 17 worldmiceday 2017
  • 18 worldmiceday 2017
  • 19 Emitt 18
  • 19 IITM
  • 43 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com