Foreign Exchange Earnings (in Rupee and US $ Terms) through Tourism in India in April 2017
Published on : Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Indian Ministry of Tourism estimates monthly Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism in India, both in rupee and dollar terms. Based on the credit data of Travel Head from Balance of Payments of RBI.
The FEEs of 2016 and Jan-Mar 2017 (both in Rs. terms & $ billion) have undergone a revision due to adoption of final figure of Foreign Tourist Arrivals of 2016. The revised estimates of FEEs are given in tabular form at the Annexure.
The highlights of the estimates of FEEs from tourism in India for April 2017 and Jan-Apr 2017 are as below:
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism (in Rs. terms)
- FEEs during the month of April 2017 were Rs.14,692 crore as compared to Rs. 11,495 crore in April 2016 and Rs. 10,091 crore in April 2015.
- The growth rate in FEEs in rupee terms in April 2017 over April 2016 was 27.8% compared to positive growth of 13.9% in April 2016 over April 2015.
- FEEs during the period January- April 2017 were Rs. 61,605 crore with a growth of 18.9%, as compared to the FEE of Rs. 51,812 crore with a growth of 15.2% in January- April 2016 over January- April, 2015.
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism (in US $ terms)
- FEEs in US$ terms during the month of April 2017 were US$ 2.278 billion as compared to FEEs of US$ 1.726 billion during the month of April 2016 and US$ 1.609 billion in April 2015.
- The growth rate in FEEs in US$ terms in April 2017 over April 2016 was 32.0% compared to a positive growth of 7.3% in April 2016 over April 2015.
- FEEs during the period January-April 2017 were US$ 9.275 billion with a growth of 20.5% as compared to the FEE of US$ 7.697 billion with a growth of 6.7% in January- April 2016 over January- April 2015.
Tags: Foreign Exchange Earnings, India