Foreigners need permits to enter border areas including few tourist spots in Vietnam

Published on : Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Vietnam impressesStarting July 11, non-Vietnamese citizens will be required to obtain permits from the Immigration Management Office of the Ministry of Public Security to enter certain areas along the border.

A number of tourist spots like Co To Island, Can Gio Biosphere Reserve and Mu Cang Chai mountainous commune are included in the list of restricted border areas.

The new requirement is mentioned in a recent regulatory circular covering border region operations, reports Vietnam News Agency (VNA).



It stated that permits can be sought from the Police Chief of the border locality or the Police Chief of the province where the foreigners are residing.



Vietnamese citizens who do not live in the border areas do not need special permits to travel into limited regions, only identity cards and official documents for their vehicle.



Foreign nationals needing to work in restricted areas, should present valid documents issued by relevant authorities.



Overnight stays by both Vietnamese or non-Vietnamese citizens should be reported to police authorities in such areas as well as local military border posts.

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo


  • 01 AIME 2018 BB
  • 02 WTM 2017
  • 03 EMITT 2018
  • 04 AIME-2018 small
  • 05 iitmindia 2017
  • 06 imtm 2018
  • 06 TTF-Surat 2017
  • 07 balttour 2018
  • 30 PATA


Get our toolbar!
Review on