- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Tuesday, March 15, 2016
In its new 2017/18 cruise programme, on general sale from 18th March 2016, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has highlighted the following ‘Top Ten’ experiences, representing outstanding destinations and a ‘different way’ to see the world!
Fred. Olsen’s ‘Top Ten’ recommendations for 2017/18 are as follows:
1) Boudicca’s 16-night D1706 ‘Discovering the Amalfi Coast’ cruise, ex Falmouth on 13th April 2017
Fred. Olsen will be visiting one of the Mediterranean’s most stunning regions, the UNESCO-listed Amalfi Coast, also will also be calling at historical Sicily, Sardinia and Rome. This 16-night cruise requires only 10 days’ leave from work, as it falls over the Easter holiday.
2) Black Watch’s 25-night W1704 ‘Authentic Croatia & Venice’ cruise, ex Southampton on 24th April 2017
Discover 12 destinations, including maiden calls in historic Pula, Croatia, and Lipari, the largest of the Aeolian Islands, in Italy, plus an overnight stay in Venice. Guests can also experience a full day on the stunning island of Hvar, cruising past Dubrovnik’s Old Town harbour.
3) Braemar’s 14-night M1710 ‘Rivers of Spain & France’ cruise, ex Southampton on 28th April 2017
Fred. Olsen guests will be able to take part in Seville’s most important event of the year – the ‘Seville Fair’, or ‘Feria de Abril’ – with an overnight stay on this colourful cruise. Shallow-drafted Braemar will also be cruising along three French rivers – the Seine, Gironde and Garonne – as well as one Spanish river, the Guadalquivir. There will also be overnight stays in Rouen and Bordeaux.
4) Boudicca’s eight-night D1708 ‘Lochs of Scotland’ cruise, ex Belfast on 8th May 2017 (also available across the rest of the Fred. Olsen fleet)
Up to 11 hours of scenic cruising along the most beautiful and tranquil of Scotland’s lochs, including Loch Fyne, the country’s longest sea loch, and a tour to Loch Ness, home of the legendary ‘Nessie’.
5) Balmoral’s L1710 ‘Fred.’s Five-Night Fjords’ cruise ex Newcastle on 25th May 2017 / Balmoral’s L1719 ‘Fred.’s Five-Night Fjords’ cruise, ex Newcastle on 23rd August 2017
These special five-night Norwegian fjords experiences with Fred. Olsen – THE fjords specialist – are only achievable from a Northern port, such as Newcastle, and incorporate Bank Holidays, meaning that they require just three days’ annual leave. The ideal ‘taster’ break for the new-to-cruise guest, there is no better way to take in the majesty and beauty of this unique part of the world – Fred. Olsen’s historic homeland.
6) Boudicca’s 26-night D1713 ‘Americas Cup & Bermuda’ cruise, ex Liverpool on 9th June 2017
Fred. Olsen guests will be able to enjoy the action of the 35th America’s Cup, which will be taking place in Hamilton, Bermuda on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th June 2017, where Boudicca will be spending three nights. This nautical extravaganza combines the skills of the world’s best sailors and fastest boats, as they fly across the water at speeds close to 50mph!
7) Black Watch’s nine-night W1708 ‘German Waterways’ cruise, ex Dover on 21st June 2017 (also available across the rest of the Fred. Olsen fleet)
Sail along the River Weser and the River Elbe, enjoying calls into Hamburg, Bremen, Lübeck (from Travemünde) and Kiel. Black Watch will also be taking in the spectacular ‘Kieler Woche’ sailing regatta, with its traditional German food and festivities.
8) Black Watch’s 27-night W1710 ‘Exploring the Fjords of the Arctic’ cruise, ex Dover on 14th July 2017
This cruise takes in the splendid destinations of Norway, Spitsbergen, Iceland, Greenland, and even the secluded Faroe Islands. Covering 12 ports of call, and over 30 areas of scenic cruising, guests will be able to witness awe-inspiring sea-cliffs, waterfalls, icebergs and fjords.
9) Balmoral’s 40-night L1726 ‘Caribbean Discovery’ cruise, ex Southampton on 29th October 2017
This Caribbean island-hopping exploration will visit 15 sun-soaked destinations, and offers iconic landmarks, exotic flora and fauna, laid-black towns and ‘must-do’ experiences galore!
10) Black Watch’s 108-night W1801 ‘Wonders of the World’ ‘Grand Voyage’, ex Southampton on 5th January 2018
Discover five of the ‘New Wonders of the World’: Chichén Itzá, the Colosseum, the ‘Lost City’ of Petra, Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal, along with two of the ‘Ancient Wonders of the World’, the Great Pyramid of Giza and ruins of the Temple of Artemis.
In 2017/18, Fred. Olsen will be visiting no fewer than 220 destinations in 70 countries around the globe, plus 118 areas of scenic cruising, from ten convenient regional UK departure ports.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Line operates in the UK with four intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience.
Tags: Fred Olsen Cruise