Gatwick served 46.4 million passengers for FY 2018-19, revenues hit £810.8 million

Published on : Wednesday, June 19, 2019

U.K.’s second largest airport, Gatwick, served 46.4 million passengers for the year ending March 31, 2019. It included additional 1.1 million long-haul passengers. The income per passenger grew by 4.5 per cent to pound 17.47. Revenue increased by 6.1 per cent to pound 810.8 million.

 

 

 

Gatwick’s growing Far East connections increased by 45 per cent compared to last year, which boosted the airport’s long-haul growth. Around one in five airport passengers now travel long haul to and from Gatwick as the airport’s global connections continue to grow.

 

 

 

 

In June 2018, Gatwick became the first airport to secure ‘Zero Waste to Landfill’ accreditation from the Carbon Trust and was re-certified as a carbon neutral airport.

 

 

 

 

Pound 249.3 million of capital investment was spent in the year on improving passenger facilities and operational performance as the airport continued to enhance its global position. This forms part of a five-year 1.1 billion pound programme to 2023, which will include an extension to Pier 6 to provide additional aircraft stands to meet forecast growth, and work on a new mezzanine level in the North Terminal to accommodate growing passenger demand.

 

 

 

 

In May 2019, London Gatwick announced a new chapter in its ownership. VINCI Airports completed the purchase of a 50.01 per cent stake in the airport while the Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) will continue to manage the remaining 49.99 per cent interest in Gatwick.

 

 

 

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 08 imexamerica 2019
  • 14 Hotelierseries Africa 2019
  • 14 restaurantscafeslounges 19
  • 16 global-hotels-resorts 2019
  • 16 TTF 2019
  • 17 getglobal 19
  • 17 thincindonesia 2019
  • 18 Africa Hotel & Resort 2019
  • 18 chinatravelnews2019
  • 18 MILT 2019
  • 19 China Hotel 19
  • 19 itehcmc 19
  • 19 uzakrota London 2019
  • 20 uzakrota Istanbul 2019
  • 22 Africa Hotel Investment Forum 2019
  • 22 iitm 2020
  • 23 PTM 2019
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

    1. HOTEL INVESTMENT CONFERENCE AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND

      July 17 - July 19
    2. MICE INDIA AND LUXURY TRAVEL CONGRESS 2019

      July 23 - July 24
    3. FOOD & HOTEL INDONESIA 2019

      July 24 - July 27
    4. IITM Bangalore

      August 2 - August 4
    5. IITM CHENNAI

      August 9 - August 11
Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com