- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Tuesday, July 26, 2016
The minister also made it known to the reporters that random checking would also be conducted in the border regions in the country.
He said that he could understand the emotions of people who were tensed and anxious about the current status of the country. He assured that the nation was federal on a regional as well as federal level and that the security agencies were well-equipped to handle any kind of situation in Germany. He then added that the security agencies would continue to defend the country against violent attacks if they occur again in future.
Thomas de Maiziere said that the countrymen should not be extremely worried after the attacks in Germany. However, he has advised them to be really cautious.
A spokesperson had earlier stated that Germany continues to be in a high-risk zone in terms of further attacks.
Meanwhile, the local authorities in Bavaria have said that a 16-year-old has been arrested on Sunday. This teenager had allegedly met up with the gunman who is an 18-year-old boy. The boy was charged with killing nine people prior to the attack on Friday.
Thomas Steinkraus-Koch, public prosecutor, said that these two teenagers started interacting with each other after they started knowing each other. They had met during the time when they were undergoing a psychiatric treatment.