- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Saturday, January 9, 2016
In Germany and confused which is the best place to dine. Well, here’s the Gerolsteiner list of the best restaurants in Germany for 2016 which was unveiled on 10 December 2015. With rankings based on the leading German restaurant guides, it is an invaluable resource for finding the restaurants that are truly worth a visit. The 4,616 restaurants that were listed in total, reflect the broad spectrum of high-end German cuisine.
The top ten at a glance
Just as in 2015 the top two spots are held by the Schwarzwaldstube in Baiersbronn and the outstanding Vendôme in Bergisch Gladbach.
Here is the top ten:
1. Schwarzwaldstube, Baiersbronn (Baden-Württemberg)
2. Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach (North Rhine-Westphalia)
3. Aqua, Wolfsburg (Lower Saxony)
4. Überfahrt, Rottach-Egern (Bavaria)
5. Bareiss, Baiersbronn (Baden-Württemberg)
6. Sonnora, Dreis (Rhineland-Palatinate)
7. Victor’s Fine Dining by Christian Bau, Perl (Moselle, Saarland)
8. Gäste Haus Klaus Erfort, Saarbrücken (Saarland)
9. La vie, Osnabrück (Lower Saxony)
10. Residenz Heinz Winkler, Aschau im Chiemgau (Bavaria)
Among the recommended restaurants listed, there are 400 new entries. The highest new entry is The Table by Kevin Fehling in Hamburg, which is ranked 59th. Top chef Fehling’s new restaurant has also recently been awarded three Michelin stars.
The Gerolsteiner list is compiled annually based on the ratings of the seven leading German restaurant guides: Guide Michelin, Gault&Millau, Feinschmecker, Varta, Gusto, Schlemmer Atlas and Der Grosse Restaurant & Hotel Guide. The total score for each restaurant is based on points awarded for food, service, comfort and atmosphere.