Glenmuir Launch Spring Summer 2017 Collection inspired by 125 years of Scottish Heritage
Published on : Saturday, July 16, 2016
Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish golf clothing brand, has unveiled its new Spring Summer 2017 collection which continues to evolve the brand in the year of its 125th Anniversary.
Glenmuir’s Spring Summer 2017 Collection is built upon three colour stories which fuses together cutting edge trends with inspiration drawn from some of the most scenic landscapes in Scotland to form a vibrant palette. The Luskentyre Sunset story incorporates Garnet, Navy and White to create a fresh elegant palette of classic colours. Balmoral Thistle features a vibrant Royal Purple colour that particularly accentuates the range of bright performance fabrics and new ladies’ tropical print designs. Finally, Applecross Peninsula is a fresh colour story inspired by the lavish Scottish landscape, Spring Green and Navy are complimented with a crisp White and soft Stardust Marl throughout the range of lightweight premium cotton knitwear.
MEN’S COLLECTION PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Glenmuir Tartan – Paying homage to Glenmuir’s 125th Anniversary, the collection features Glenmuir’s signature tartan which has been incorporated into two luxury products, the g.Wallace lustrous mercerised cotton shirt has subtle tartan details on the under placket, inner collar stand and tailored cuff whilst g.George is a contemporary knitwear addition combining cotton and cashmere with an elegant tartan trim tucked away under the placket.
- Performance Shirts – Continuing to develop elegantly classic shirts with high performance fabric is demonstrated in style g.Richard, body mapping is a knitting technique in which the structure draws moisture away from the body whilst combining a subtle diamond design for added breathability. g.Fredrick is an addition to the range with colour blocking, a jacquard collar and cuff design as well as new sporty two tone buttons. The performance polyester yarn is treated to wick moisture away from the body for optimum comfort and coolness during play wash after wash.
- Premium Cotton Knitwear – Seasonal knitwear merges classic intarsia knitting with contemporary design, g.Warren has clean lines knitted into the superior combed cotton which combines a soft handle with durability and natural breathability for layering and comfort. Whilst g.Clarke uses a contemporary ottoman stitch technique to add detail to the sleeves.
- Luxury Touch of Cashmere – Glenmuir have introduced two cashmere blends with cotton (g.George), and also viscose (g.Edward) which creates a fine piece of knitwear with a silk-like drape, rich lustre and enhanced colour retention. The products are ideal for layering in the summer months.
LADIES’ COLLECTION PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Tropical Print – An eye-catching range of tropical print co-ordinates provide extensive wardrobe options for this season whether worn together or with plain bright colours. The performance shirt style g.Geena has flatteringly shaped printed side panels and a printed rib collar. The increasingly popular lightweight stretch performance capris and skorts (g.Matilda, g.Celestine) as well as the performance g.Aubrey visor are all available in the fresh new print option allowing ladies to fully co-ordinate their outfits.
- Ladies’ Shirts – In addition to our sleeveless and short sleeve ladies’ shirts we have added a longer sleeve length that sits just above the elbow on style g.Renee designed for ladies’ who would like more arm coverage without inhibiting their swing, this shirt sports a refined grosgrain ribbon piping, a diamanté button placket fastening as well as an elegant lurex lady golfer icon embroidery to compliment the styling and attention to detail throughout our ladies’ range.
- Premium Cotton Knitwear – Focusing on fashion for our ladies range, textured and cable knitting techniques enhances the variety of contemporary designs over and above our colourful intarsia sweaters. Style g.Marsha has a delicate micro cable and rib repeat whilst g.Imelda incorporates two colours in contemporary mesh construction.
Claire Woods, Head Designer at Glenmuir concluded, “With Glenmuir being in its 125th anniversary year we truly believe the Spring Summer 2017 collection, whilst inspired by Glenmuir’s rich golfing heritage and legacy, continues to evolve, innovate and embrace contemporary trends. The collection reaffirms Glenmuir’s position as one of the pre-eminent golf brands focusing on cutting edge product design, fabric innovation and durable quality for the discerning tastes of the classic gentleman and lady golfer who seek performance from elegant and classic golfwear.”