- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Friday, January 1, 2016
Helsinki Senate Square New Year’s feast was celebrated in the little cold. The scene of more than 35 000 people and thousands of square surrounding neighborhood police arrived at the estimate. Children’s New Year gathered Suvilahdenkatu Boiler Hall a total of around 2,500 party goers.
Since the evening of the ten We Love Helsinki DJ’s created a marketplace atmosphere. The feast hosted by the Helsinki vs. Mayor Pekka Sauri, who in his speech emphasized the positive grip on the future and their role in Helsinki city cultural factors.
– Helsinki residents take their dreams. Here arises with each passing day more people’s own ideas stemming from inventions, events and other good and brave deeds, Sauri said.
– The future needs a big goals, although they are still today seem utopian. One fine day we can drive across the Gulf of Finland to Tallinn train and continue to Warsaw, Berlin and Paris, Sauri continued.
Sauri also relied on good will:
– We also need to ensure that the spread by a small per mille malicious messages can no longer daunted by the size of the conversation atmosphere and mood. Eino Leino adapted the ‘O people, another suvaitkaa – so small, small is the land.
During the evening, was also consulted Bishop of Helsinki Irja Askola speech, in which he also emphasized a positive attitude to new and unforeseeable doorstep.
– I suggest that we change the keys of the new year. I suggest the theme appeals against the transmission of Askola said.
After the speeches celebration of the people got to enjoy a rare National Ballet outdoor show, when the Senate Square, the stage was an excerpt Lumikunigatar-ballet. After this, the audience got to try ballet movements.
The atmosphere thickened as Maija Vilkkumaa Senate Square, designed specially during the show. Vilkkumaa enjoy a unique situation:
– The feeling was incredible, We create, together with the accumulated Senate Square people’s Midnight Carnival, which will invalidate all of the darkness and cold. It was a great feeling when the whole square dance and sang along, Vilkkumaa sentimental.
The grand finale was seen carried out by Joho Pyro spiced with music fireworks, after which the We Love Helsinki DJ danced New Year receivable takers until 00.30.