Published on : Monday, February 13, 2017
To enjoy one of the world’s most colourful countries at its most vibrant time, visit India during the spring festival of Holi. Known as the Festival of Colours, the riotous celebrations involve flinging rainbow-dyed powder in every direction while dancing in the street.
For this year’s event, falling on Monday, 13 March, Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travellers with the most incredible places to stay, dug into its internal data to find the Indian cities that are most booked for Holi 2017*. Then, the data analysts found what each of these cities was best known for, from ambiance and culture to sunsets and local food.
Other recommended topics-
· European Capitals of Culture 2017: Aarhus, Denmark and Paphos Cyprus
· World Poetry Day (21 March)
· Mardi Gras – where celebrate carnival
· 200th anniversary of Jane Austen’s death
· Holiday like a President saved
· Destinations to escape the heat (Southern hemisphere)
· Top wanted amenities by nationality
· How romance differs across nationalities (National Kissing day in July)
· Where to celebrate Holi (13th March)
· Best Horseracing around the World
· Triathlon destinations