Holiday Travel Tips from the Ottawa Airport Authority
Published on : Monday, December 21, 2015
While the weather outside is hardly frightful, the Ottawa Airport Authority hopes your holiday travel is delightful. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you finalize travel plans:
- Download the free FlyCanada mobile app, where you will find all the airport information you will need: flight status updates; parking information; push notifications for travel/airport issues; and so much more! Download the app fromwww.flycanadaapp.ca.
- Book your parking in advance and save! www.yow.ca/parking.
- Make sure you have all the necessary identification and documentation with you.
- Plan ahead – know your airline’s baggage weight limits and other restrictions and take only what you need as aircraft can only handle so much cargo.
- Plan to check your heavy coats and boots at Pars 2000 (level 1) if you’re travelling somewhere warm.
- Familiarize yourself with what you can and can’t take through pre-board screening in your carry-on luggage. Visit www.catsa.gc.ca for their holiday travel tips.
- Give yourself extra time – the terminal will be busy and line-ups may be longer.
- If you plan to take gifts in your carry-on, please don’t wrap them; they may need to be inspected which could ruin your wrapping efforts.
- Enjoy the airport’s free Wi-Fi service.
- If you’re looking for a last minute gift, try the airport retailers such as Junogems, Metalsmiths Sterling, Boutique iStore, The Scoreboard, Hudson’s Bay Company, Discover Ottawa or Best Buy Express.
- Enjoy a meal or a beverage in one of the airport restaurants such as Rideau Bar and Grill, Byward Taps, D’Arcy McGee’s, The Tulip Bar & and Wine Lounge, Senate Chambers, and The Local Café and Bar. There are also lots of coffee/snack choices at The Good Earth Coffeehouse, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, PZA and Harvey’s.
- Bring something to keep you and your family busy – books and games will help pass the time. If you need a good book or magazine, visit the Great Canadian Book Co., Relay or Bytown Marché.
- Enjoy the festive decorations and the musical entertainment in the terminal provided by the Dicken’s Carolers and the Celebration Brass Quintet.
- Perhaps most important, pack your patience! Your trip will be more enjoyable and less stressful.
On behalf of the entire Airport Authority team, have a safe and happy holiday. Bon voyage!
Tags: Ottawa Airport