- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Monday, February 4, 2013
The Foundation of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) today announced its 2013 Board of Directors.
Established in 1983, the HSMAI Foundation’s mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue.
“Chosen for their skillset and industry experience, the HSMAI Foundation Board of Directors serves a vital role in expanding the research and educational opportunities available to others within the hospitality sales and marketing field,” said Fran Brasseux, executive director of the HSMAI Foundation. “We are extremely honored to have such an insightful team with us this year and look forward to the work ahead of us.”
HSMAI Foundation Board of Directors:
– Chair: Vail Brown, vice president, global sales & marketing, STR
– Chair Elect: Dorothy Dowling, senior vice president, marketing & sales, Best Western International
– Immediate Past Chair: Susan Thronson, senior vice president, global marketing, Marriott International
– Treasurer: Christine Hight, senior director, market research, Hilton Worldwide
– Douglas Abbott: director sales effectiveness, worldwide sales, Intercontinental Hotels Group
– Victoria Borton: general manager and senior vice president, USA Today
– Cindy Estis Green: co-founder and CEO, Kalibri Labs
– John Fareed, CHME, ISHC: principal, John Fareed Hospitality Consulting
– Rick Garlick: founder and principal consultant, Populus Primo Consulting
– Nick Johnson: president, Gotham
– Gary Leopold, CHME: president and CEO, ISM
– Theresa Lewis: vice president, market research, Wyndham Hotel Group
– Brian Payea: head of industry relations, TripAdvisor
– Andre Richards: vice president, brand strategy & research, Marriott International
As an advocate to hospitality sales and marketing professionals, the Foundation develops in-depth studies concerning industry trends and best practices. The most recent projects include publishing of Distribution Channel Analysis: A Guide For Hotels, a special report from STR and the American Hotel & Lodging Association, and the first in a series of reports, the “HSMAI Foundation Leadership Insights: 2012 Chief Revenue Officer Roundtable.”
The Foundation also sponsors the HSMAI Knowledge Center, a database of articles, presentations, templates, multimedia and other educational materials from industry leaders, and provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management.