HSMAI Foundation Emphasizing Innovative Knowledge Exchange in 2017
Published on : Friday, June 23, 2017
The Foundation of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is focusing on several impactful initiatives this year.
With the goal of developing knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue, the HSMAI Foundation’s 2017 initiatives include the following:
- Releasing the 2016 Adrian Awards Case Study videos, highlighting honorees for Advertising “Best of Show,”Digital Marketing “Best of Show,” Public Relations “Best of Show,” and the winner of the Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award, presented by HSMAI and National Geographic Traveler.
- Publication of Demystifying the Digital Marketplace: Spotlight on the Hospitality Industry,produced by Kalibri Labs through the AH&LA Consumer Innovation Forum
- Release of HSMAI Foundation Leadership Insights in conjunction with HSMAI Executive Roundtables, including the latest issue: HSMAI Foundation Leadership Insights: 2017 Chief Marketing Officers.
- Thanks to the generous support of IHG, an HSMAI Foundation Platinum benefactor grant has been established for the HSMAI Student Leadership Scholarship Program for 2017, providing scholarships in the form of registration and travel stipends for HSMAI signature educational events including the HSMAI Adrian Awards, the Digital Marketing Strategy Conference, and the HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC) Americas.
- Chair: John Fareed, CHME, ISHC, Managing Director, Horwath HTL
- Immediate Past Chair: Vail Brown, SVP, Global Business Development & Marketing, STR
- Treasurer: Christine Hight, Senior Director, Market Research, Hilton Worldwide
- Secretary: Cathy Hartman, Vice President, Consumer Insights & Advisory Services, Marketing + Digital, Marriott International
- Douglas Abbott, Director, Sales Effectiveness, Worldwide Sales, Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Dorothy Dowling, Chief Marketing Officer, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Rick Garlick, Global Travel and Hospitality practice lead, J.D. Power
- Amy Huff, Executive Director of Sales, Bellagio, MGM Resorts International
- Dana McIntire, Senior Director, Market Research & Customer Insights, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Mark Theis, Vice President of Sales Operations – Americas, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Elizabeth Randall Winkle, Chief Strategy Officer, STR
“I’m very proud of the knowledge and actionable insights the HSMAI Foundation brings to the hospitality industry each year,” said John Fareed, Chairman of the HSMAI Foundation. “We appreciate the generous assistance of our partners and sponsors, so that the HSMAI Foundation can develop resources, awards, and scholarships that support educational programming targeted to hospitality sales and marketing professionals.”
Established in 1983, the HSMAI Foundation’s mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue. As a resource for hospitality sales and marketing professionals, the HSMAI Foundation develops in-depth studies concerning industry trends and best practices. In addition, the Foundation sponsors the HSMAI Knowledge Center, a database of articles, presentations, templates, multimedia, and other educational materials from industry leaders, and provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management.