HSMAI Foundation Emphasizing New Initiatives in 2015
Published on : Wednesday, June 10, 2015
The Foundation of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is focusing on several new initiatives this year.
Among the initiatives are:
- A new compensation incentive study conducted in conjunction with ZS Associates. It is the first data-validated compensation design survey for the hotel industry covering hotel sales and revenue management.
- Publishing of the third edition of the Certified Revenue Management Executive (CRME) study guide, the Evolving Dynamics of Revenue Management.
- Publication of “The Evolution of Sales: Perspectives and Realities Defining the Modern Sales Professional” by Dr. Lalia Rach.
- Awarding of scholarships for conference attendance provided by American Express and IHG, allowing student members to attend HSMAI conferences, including the Digital Marketing Strategy Conference and the Revenue Optimization Conference.
- The Foundation’s scholarship fund will also receive partial proceeds from the sale of Mark Glickman’s new marketing book, Marketing Paradise: Talk Stories To Learn From.
The Foundation’s program of work is guided by its Board of Directors for 2015.
- Chair: John Fareed, MSc CHME ISHC, Principal, John Fareed Hospitality Consulting
- Immediate Past Chair: Vail Brown, Vice President, Global Business Development & Marketing, STR
- Treasurer: Christine Hight , Senior Director, Market Research, Hilton Worldwide
- Secretary: Theresa Lewis, Partner, Co-Founder, Fueled Insights
- Douglas Abbott , Director Sales Effectiveness, Worldwide Sales, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Victoria Borton, General Manager & Senior Vice President, Travel Media Group, USA Today
- Michael Dominguez, Senior Vice President, Corporate Hotel Sales, MGM Resorts International
- Rick Garlick, Practice Lead, Global Hospitality & Travel Group, JD Power
- Tammy Lucas, Managing Director, Advertising & Digital Commerce, Best Western International
- Mark Niziolek, VP Strategic Planning & Analytics, Wyndham
- Brian Payea, Head of Industry Relations, TripAdvisor
- Cathy Hartman, Consumer Insights Advisor, Marketing and Digital, Marriott International, Inc.
- Betty Wilson, Vice President, North America Divisional Sales, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
“I’m very proud of the opportunities, resources and tools the HSMAI Foundation brings to the hospitality industry year after year. With the generous assistance of our partners and sponsors, we will continue to sharpen our focus on the latest issues and trends surrounding revenue generation and technology—the most important challenges sales and marketing professionals face today,” said John Fareed, Chairman of the HSMAI Foundation.
Established in 1983, the HSMAI Foundation’s mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue. As a resource for hospitality sales and marketing professionals, the HSMAI Foundation develops in-depth studies concerning industry trends and best practices. In addition, the Foundation sponsors the HSMAI Knowledge Center, a database of articles, presentations, templates, multimedia and other educational materials from industry leaders, and provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in hospitality sales, marketing and revenue management.
Tags: HSMAI), Travel Association news