Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Celebrate Continued Momentum With 10 Hotel Openings During First Quarter 2016
Published on : Thursday, May 12, 2016
The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands continue their growth in new markets to meet guests’ needs with the opening of 10 new hotels during the first quarter of 2016. The seven Hyatt Place hotels and three Hyatt House hotels opened in the first quarter represent approximately 30 percent of the planned Hyatt-branded select service hotels expected to open in 2016.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands allow us to expand Hyatt’s presence quickly, and often in urban markets where we previously did not have a presence,” said Steven Dominguez, vice president of global brands, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. “Developers appreciate our agility in flexing the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House design to bring some customization to this space that hasn’t existed before.”
Newly opened Hyatt Place hotels include:
- Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown (140 rooms), Asheville, N.C.
- Hyatt Place DFW (137 rooms), Dallas, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Houston/Galleria (157 rooms), Houston, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Lubbock (125 rooms), Lubbock, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Managua (140 rooms), Managua, Nicaragua
- Hyatt Place Park City (122 rooms), Park City, Utah
- Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center (149 rooms), San Juan, P.R.
Newly opened Hyatt House hotels include:
- Hyatt House Dallas/Frisco (132 rooms), Frisco, Tex.
- Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar (135 rooms), Lakewood, Colo.
- Hyatt House Naples/5th Avenue (183 rooms), Naples, Fla.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands are on a terrific trajectory,” said Jim Chu, senior vice president, franchise and owner relations for Hyatt. “Their growth illustrates the success of the select service model as these brands continue to create value for our guests and owners.”
Combined, there are 316 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels open in more than 200 cities around the world, building a network that supports both corporate customers and transient guests. As of December 31, 2015, 58 percent of Hyatt’s base of executed hotel contracts are comprised of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels. This includes:
- United States and Canada: More than 45 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels, within urban and lifestyle centers, university markets and adaptive re-use developments.
- Latin America: Ten executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in locations such as São José de Rio Preto, Sorocaba and Macaé, Brazil; San Salvador, El Salvador; San Pedro Sula, Honduras; Celaya, Chihuahua and Mexico City, Mexico; and Costa del Este, Panama.
- Europe and Africa: Three executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in London, Zurich and Frankfurt, Germany.
- Middle East and Southwest Asia: More than 20 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels throughout the Middle East and Southwest Asia in locations such as Gurgaon, Hyderabad, and Bangalore, India; Riyadh, Jeddah and Makkah, Saudi Arabia; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Asia Pacific: More than 15 executed contracts for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels throughout Asia in locations including Melbourne, Australia; Shenzhen, Shanghai, Wuxi, Tianjin, and Beijing, China; Jakarta, Indonesia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Phuket and Bangkok, Thailand.