Published on : Saturday, October 28, 2017
The International Institute for Peace Through Tourism has picked 6 outstanding people from the world of travel and tourism and honoured them as “Global Ambassadors of Peace Through Tourism” at the World Travel Market, London. Dr.Taleb Rifai, the Secretary General of the UNWTO will be conferred the IIPT lifetime achievement award as a “Global Man of Peace.”
The event will be held on Monday 06 November at Platinum Suites 3 & 4 from 2.45 to 4.00 pm. and is open to all registered delegates at WTM. The theme is “Tourism – A Catalyst for Peace”. Dr. Taleb Rifai, Secretary General UNWTO, is the Chief Guest and Keynote speaker. The event will be hosted by Anita Mendiratta, Founder & President CACHET Consulting.
Supported by “Incredible India” and the UNWTO, the Awards are sponsored by Cox & Kings. The “Ambassadors of Peace” awards are being held for the first time at WTM London by IIPT and seek to build on the success of the “Celebrating Her” awards for Empowered Women in Tourism that IIPT has been conducting at ITB Berlin since 2016. TravelBiz Monitor is the exclusive media partner for these awards.
Winners of IIPT Global Ambassadors of Peace Through Tourism are:
1. HRH Princess Dana Firas of Jordan – Chairperson of the Petra National Trust
2. Fiona Jeffery – Director, Just a Drop Foundation
3. Anita Mendiratta – Managing Director, CACHET Consulting, Tourism author & thought leader
4. Costas Christ – Managing Director Beyond Green Travel and Consulting Editor National Geographic Traveller
5. Geoffrey Lipman – Director, SunX Foundation
6. David Scowsill – CEO EON Reality & Immed. Past President & CEO, WTTC
In addition, IIPT will confer the Lifetime Award on Dr. Taleb Rifai, Secretary General UNWTO as a “Global Man of Peace Through Tourism.”
Each of the chosen Ambassadors has had an illustrious and successful career in tourism and embodies the founding principles of IIPT.
Tags: WTM London