Italy to get a high-speed Naples-Bari railway line

Published on : Friday, March 3, 2017

Italy railwayThe Naples-Cancello section of a high-speed railway line that is based in Italy would soon be constructed as part of a €397 contract that plans to go about this task.

 

This project is actually a part of the high-speed line development of Naples-Bari. It had been commissioned by Italfeer and also scheduled for successful completion by the year 2022. It comprises the first section of the line.

 

Salini Impregilo has a 60% stake in this consortium and the rest of the 40% of the stake is owned by Astaldi.

 

This project also includes the construction of Centro Commerciale, Casalnuovo and Acerra stations. The section between Cancello and Naples is ready to bring rail travel to the new Napoli Afragola station that would act as a point of transfer between the high-speed rail services and the regional services.

 

The railway line would extend for nearly 15.5 km across the Acerra, Afragola, Caivano, Casalnuovo and Casoria thereby improving access to rail services in Naples.

 

The development of the Naples-Bari route is a part of the Scandinavia-Mediterranean Corridor of the Trans-European Network (TEN).

 

It aims to improve the competitiveness of the railway transportation network. Also, the south-east railway network would be integrated with the high-speed service.

 

 

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 WTM London 2018
  • 03 imexamerica 2018
  • 08 theleisureshow 18
  • 09 cibtm 2018
  • 09 Seatrade Cruise Med 2018
  • 10 Astana leisure 2018
  • 10 ITE-HCMC 2018
  • 11 lodgingconference 18
  • 11 ttgincontri 2018
  • 13 aite 2018
  • 14 CITIE 2018
  • 14 SATTE 2019
  • 14 traveltechme 2018
  • 15 TravelDaily TDC 18
  • 16 OTDYKH 2018
  • 17 Hotel Show dubai 18
  • 18 hospitalityqatar 18
  • 18 Hotel Management Asia Summit 2018
  • 18 thincindonesia 2018
  • 19 bricsaconsulting 2018
  • 20 CITE_TTW 2018
  • 20 europecongress 18
  • 20 sahicsouthamerica 2018
  • 21 bitmchina 2018
  • 22 Hotel Management Singapore Summit 18
  • 23 PTM 2018
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com