Jakarta develops MICE tourism to attract more travellers

Published on : Saturday, May 6, 2017

JakartaThe Tourism Ministry officials of the region of Jakarta in Indonesia have travelled to 10 new tourist locales in Kota Tua, the Thousand Island and Bali following the success of a reputed meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE) event in Bangka Belitung last week.

 

Hiramsyah S. Thaib, who is the ministry’s head of development acceleration for the 10 priority tourism destinations said that this MICE event actually aimed to strengthen the business tourism in Jakarta.

 

He had stated this at a latest MICE gathering from 4th to 6th May at the Novotel hotel that is located in Jakarta.

 

He said that Jakarta has several interesting venues and therefore they can utilize historic buildings like museums as meeting and conference rooms. Esthy Reko Astuti, the assistant of the ministry for archipelago tourism marketing said that the potential of the MICE industry is at 5% and they still have the remaining 95% to be developed.

 

This is the reason why they are quite optimistic about the scope of MICE tourism in this part of the world.

 

She added that the best part about Indonesia is that besides the fact that it possesses several cities to choose from for the purpose of conducting meetings, their natural wonders are also an added value for MICE tourism in Jakarta.

 

And, the MICE event attendees also went for an enjoyable city tour to the Thousand Island.

 

Related Posts

Tags: , , ,


(No Like Yet)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 14 Hotelierseries Africa 2019
  • 14 restaurantscafeslounges 19
  • 16 global-hotels-resorts 2019
  • 19 uzakrota London 2019
  • 20 seatradecruis 2019
  • 20 uzakrota Istanbul 2019
  • 21 TheHotelShowSaudiArabia 2019
  • 22 Africa Hotel Investment Forum 2019
  • 22 DRT SHOW India 2019
  • 22 iitm 2020
  • 22 summitasia 2019
  • 22 TTME 2019
  • 23 PTM 2019
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

    1. SAHIC

      September 16 - September 17
    2. THE HOTEL SHOW DUBAI

      September 17 - September 19
    3. THE LEISURE SHOW

      September 17 - September 19
    4. TAAPE

      September 19 - September 21
    5. IITM Delhi

      September 20 - September 22
Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com