John Wayne Airport Provides Fourth of July Holiday Travel Tips
Published on : Friday, June 30, 2017
The busy summer travel season is underway at John Wayne Airport (JWA) and with the upcoming Fourth of July holiday, JWA anticipates a busy travel period from Friday, June 30 through Wednesday, July 6. Passengers are reminded that fireworks are prohibited in or around the Airport.
Demand for parking over the holiday weekend is expected to be high. The Airport recommends passengers consider all parking options available: Terminal-adjacent Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C, as well as curbside Valet Parking and the Main Street Parking Lot with free shuttle to the Riley Terminal.
To avoid delays and enjoy stress-free holiday travel, passengers are encouraged to follow these helpful travel tips.
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and three hours for international flights. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✓™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics. For helpful information about the 3-1-1 liquids rule for carry-on bags and other travel tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) please visit the TSA website.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or the 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
- Travelers are encouraged to be aware of their surroundings and report questionable objects or activities, “If You See Something, Say Something™.” To report a suspicious object or activity, dial 0 for the operator, dial 2-5000 from a white courtesy phone or notify an Airport employee or a uniformed officer.
Parking at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2 per hour and $20 per day, with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
Tips from TSA and CBP:
- Review Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Traveler Information for a list of prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Please visit TSA tips for traveling with children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States.
Tags: John Wayne Airport