LAN and TAM inflight entertainment features films nominated in the movie industry’s most important awards
Published on : Monday, February 8, 2016
LAN and TAM international flights will feature 12 movies nominated in the 88th edition of the Academy Awards, which will be held February 28 in Los Angeles, USA.
“At LAN and TAM our main goal is for our passengers to enjoy their trip from beginning to end. We have not only modern aircraft and cutting-edge technology, but also innovative content, which allows us to offer original, attractive and varied inflight entertainment.” said Daniela Acuña, IFE and Onboard Media Manager at LATAM Group.
LAN and TAM passengers flying in the next few months will be able to watch the following movies that are nominated in the Oscars® in various categories:
- “The Martian,” which was nominated in seven categories of the Academy Awards, has been available since the second week of January. Nominations include Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role for Matt Damon and Best Adapted Screenplay for the story based on the book by Andy Weir with the same title.
- “Steve Jobs,” available in February, was nominated for Best Actor for the performance by Michael Fassbender, among other categories. Another movie that will be available on inflight entertainment screens is “Amy,” which received a nomination for Best Documentary and during its short existence has already been nominated for 15 movie industry awards.
- “The Big Short,” available in March, was nominated for Best Picture and Best Actor in a Supporting Role, among other categories. Since its premiere, the dramatic comedy has received ten industry awards. Combining sports and drama, “Creed” will also soon be featured, which was nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the performance by Sylvester Stallone.
- Coming in April, “The Revenant” and the drama “Spotlight” were both nominated for Best Picture, among other categories. Both movies have been global box-office successes since their release. Also coming in April is “Joy,” which was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the performance by the young actress Jennifer Lawrence, and “The Hateful Eight,” Quentin Tarantino’s new movie that received a nomination for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in the 2016 Oscars®.
- Since July 2015, LAN’s and TAM’s inflight entertainment has featured the movies “Inside Out” and “Shaun the Sheep Movie,” both of which were nominated for Best Animated Feature. Since September, passengers have been able to also watch “Mad Max: Fury Road,” a futuristic movie nominated in ten categories, including Best Picture and Best Directing.
The films nominated for Oscars® are available on all long haul flights that offer personalized inflight entertainment (Boeing 787, 767, 777) in both Economy Class and Premium Business Class on LAN and TAM flights.
The LAN and TAM inflight entertainment systems feature high-definition screens (15.4 inches in Premium Business class and 8.9 inches in Economy Class) as well as USB and iPod connections.
Tags: LAN and TAM