Published on : Monday, April 6, 2020
The officials in Lincolnshire tourism said that the tourism industry in Lincolnshire is set to lose millions of pounds due to the coronavirus crisis – but they are confident the county will ‘bounce back’ once restrictions are over. The lockdown restrictions in the country will have a knock-on effect on overall international and domestic visitor numbers and income for next year as a result of resorts and hotels shutting down.
The experts at Visit Lincoln, Lincolnshire County Council and accountants Duncan and Toplis, said here the tourism industry generated around £2.4 billion last year in the region, with 2.1 million people visiting the county in the summer and spring.
But Charlotte Goy, interim chief executive of Visit Lincoln, said, while sectors such as hospitality and tourism have been the hardest hit, things will get better.
Councillor Davie, executive member for economy and place at the county council, said there was “no reason” why the county would not return better from the pandemic. He said people will “yearn” for the outdoors and attractions once restrictions are lifted. There is absolutely no reason why the sector will not bounce back
He thinks that there will be a resurgence of British people to our destinations. After a few weeks and months of restrictions, people will yearn to come to castles and cathedrals in the county.