Published on : Monday, February 11, 2019
From the British Museum to the modern London Eye, here’s a list of London’s top 5 most visited tourist attractions. Many of London’s top 5 attractions are free, making them affordable places to soak up some culture. Whether you prefer history or modern art, you will find it at one of these must-visit spots.
1. Coca-Cola London Eye- The Coca-Cola London Eye is a major feature of London's skyline. It boasts some of London’s best views from its 32 capsules, each weighing 10 tonnes and holding up to 25 people. Climb aboard for a breathtaking experience, with an unforgettable perspective of more than 55 of London's most famous landmarks – all in just 30 minutes!
2. British Museum- The world-famous British Museum exhibits the works of man from prehistoric to modern times, from around the world. Highlights include the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures and the mummies in the Ancient Egypt collection.
3. Tate Modern- Sitting grandly on the banks of the Thames is Tate Modern, Britain’s national museum of modern and contemporary art. Its unique shape is due to it previously being a power station. The gallery’s restaurants offer fabulous views across the city.
5. Tower of London- Take a tour with one of the Yeoman Warders around the Tower of London, one of the world’s most famous buildings. Discover its 900-year history as a royal palace, prison and place of execution, arsenal, jewel house and zoo! Gaze up at the White Tower, tiptoe through a medieval king’s bedchamber and marvel at the Crown Jewels.
4. National Gallery- The crowning glory of Trafalgar Square, London’s National Gallery is a vast space filled with Western European paintings from the 13th to the 19th centuries. In this iconic art gallery you can find works by masters such as Van Gogh, da Vinci, Botticelli, Constable, Renoir, Titian and Stubbs.