- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Citing the reason behind the extension, Tourism and Culture Minister Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz said that China had been the third largest contributor of tourist arrivals to Malaysia and such a significant improvement could be seen since the programme was introduced in March this year.
“Between January and August this year, Malaysia has received a total of 1,406,417 tourists from China, an increase of 26.3 per cent compared to 1,113,508 tourists recorded in the corresponding period last year,” Nazri said.
He added that the government had also granted visa exemption to tourists from India which was introduced last year.