- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Thursday, June 18, 2015
Its minister Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz said the cabinet paper would be studied by the cabinet ministers before any decision on the proposal was made.
“We have to take steps to ensure an increase in the number of tourists from China to this country and for that we propose that the Chinese tourist visa be abolished,” he told reporters after a working visit to Sekinchan, in Sebak Bernam.
Also present was Sekinchan state assemblyman Ng Suee Lim.
Mohamed Nazri, in raising the matter at the cabinet meeting last Wednesday, said the proposed visa abolishment should be expedited in efforts to increase foreign tourist arrivals to the country.
Hence, KDN had been directed to prepare a cabinet paper to cancel the visa requirement for one year as a trial period.
Commenting on the police report lodged by various quarters following his statement that allegedly criticised Tunku Mahkota of Johor (TMJ) Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim, Mohamed Nazri said he would not obstruct the police from conducting investigations on him concerning the issue.
“At present the police have yet to call me to give any statement on the matter,” he said.
Monday, inspector general of police Khalid Abu Bakar said the police would record the minister’s statement soon.