Published on : Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Mandarin Oriental, Geneva is offering a one-of-a-kind experience for gourmands who wish to discover the secrets of Geneva’s renowned culinary scene. Guests will be able to enjoy a private cooking class performed by the hotel’s Executive Chef, Yoann Le Bihan, and starting with a morning visit to Geneva’s most famous local market to get the ingredients, followed by a visit to the city’s most noble and eclectic wine shop to select the ideal vintage to go along with the cooked menu.
Switzerland is the land of the world’s best chocolates and cheeses and, ranked as the country’s top gastronomic city, Geneva is home to many food and wine local artisans whose products are of invaluable quality. After being welcomed by Champagne in-suite, guests will meet Executive Chef Yoann Le Bihan who will personally accompany them to gourmet market, Halle de Rive, the home of Geneva’s best local ingredients. Guests will be able to interact with the producers, taste some of their unique products, choose the ingredients with the Chef for the two-course menu and even discover the back-of-the-scene premises where meat is being received and prepared.
Back at the hotel, guests will then meet Chef Sommelier, Fabien Mene, who will guide them to the city’s best wine shop Lavinia, situated just two minutes by foot from the hotel, for a private discovery of Geneva’s wine treasures and to select the ideal vintage to go along with the meal to be cooked. Once back at the hotel, Chef Yoann will commence the exclusive private cooking class followed by lunch on the guests’ suite terrace, with breath-taking panoramic views over the city.
Priced from CHF 895per night and valid until 31 October 2015, the ‘Your Gourmet Geneva, our Chef’s Secrets’ package includes:
· Luxurious accommodation in a Premier River View room, Mandarin room or a signature suite
· Buffet breakfast for two at Café Calla or in the privacy of your room/suite
· A bottle of Champagne and Swiss chocolate amenity
· Private round-trip transfers to Halle de Rive
· One-hour visit of Halle de Rive with Chef Yoann to choose the food ingredients
· 30 minutes visit of Lavinia with Chef Sommelier Fabien to select the wine
· Two-hour private cooking class by Chef Yoann
· Two-course gourmet lunch with wine pairing and plated dessert
· Late check-out until 4pm