Marriott highlights its goals to achieve European growth
Published on : Thursday, March 9, 2017
Marriott International has planned to increase its portfolio in the region of Europe all across its various service segments.
Amy McPherson who is the president and managing director for Europe has mentioned that the company has established some really ‘ambitious goals’ for 2020. She added that they had been planning to expand their leads into the full-service and luxury sectors with an aim to own the largest portfolio in the upscale tier and also to win with millennials by offering them an exclusively affordable lifestyle category.
In fact, this is the very first vision for development the company has declared ever since it has merged with Starwood Hotels & Resorts in the month of September.
The 2020 goals of Marriott include:
- Launching Delta Hotels in Europe by opening 4,000 rooms
- Tripling the number of signed deals for W Hotels in Europe. Eight of them are open and an additional eight are scheduled to open between July 2017 and 2021.
- Doubling the number of upscale rooms that have been opened or signed.
- Growing Courtyard by over 12,000 opened rooms by 2020.
- Signing or opening 30 Residence Inn and Element extended-stay properties.
- Adding 22,000 rooms to lifestyle brand Moxy and opening 18,000 of those by the year 2020.
- Expanding the presence of the other brands of Marriott that includes the Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, Autograph Collection Hotels, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis and The Ritz-Carlton.
Tags: Amy McPherson, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts