- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Thursday, June 16, 2016
Martinique has been cited once again as the “Safest Destination in the Caribbean,” the designation published in the 2016 Caribbean Tourism Quality Index. Released during the Caribbean Tourism Organization’s (CTO) “Caribbean Week” in New York (May 31-June 4, 2016), the Caribbean Tourism Quality Index is an annual study produced by Resonance Consultancy, an international leader in destination development, branding, and marketing headquartered in Vancouver and New York.
The Resonance study measures tourism’s supply-side performance and competitiveness in 28 destinations across the Caribbean. This marks the second time in recent years that Martinique has been recognized as the “Safest Destination in the Caribbean,” the previous designation stemming from a 2011 International Business Times study.
“As flowers are an international symbol of peace, I suppose it’s fitting in a way that The Isle of Flowers should be recognized like this,” said Muriel Wiltord, Director Americas for the Martinique Promotion Bureau. “In reality, though, it is the warmth and welcoming spirit of the Martinican people and the steadfast dedication of our local authorities that keeps us at the top for travel safety.”
The top safety ranking is the latest in an impressive list of honors for Martinique over the past year.
· Ranked in the Top 16 Places to go to in 2016, Condé Nast Traveler
· Ranked #7 (of 24) Top Destinations of 2016, Budget Travel
· Travel Top 10: Trendiest 2016 Destinations, Ebony
· Best Culinary, Cruise, Tourism Board Destination – Caribbean (2016), Travvy Awards
· Top 5 Best Romantic Islands in the Caribbean (2015), USA TODAY
· Ranked #1 Must-Visit Place in the Caribbean (2015), Caribbean Journal
· Traveler’s Choice Award, Best Beaches (2015), TripAdvisor
· Named Best Caribbean Island for Romance (2015), Business Insider
· Silver Magellan Awards, Overall Destination and Waterfront Development (2015), Travel Weekly
Tags: Travel Destination News