MTA Announces Service Plans For Presidents’ Day
Published on : Friday, February 17, 2017
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) today offered details about service for Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, and for the long holiday weekend that begins on Friday, February 17.
New York City Subways and Buses
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, New York City subways and buses will operate on a Saturday schedule with some planned subway service changes:
- trains are suspended in both directions between South Ferry and 14 St, and between 137 St and Van Cortlandt-Park 242 St.
- trains run local in both directions between Chambers St and 34 St-Penn Station.
- trains are suspended between Crown Hts-Utica Av and New Lots Av. Take free shuttle buses instead.
- Main St-bound trains run express from Queensboro Plaza to 74 St-Broadway.
- Manhattan-bound trains run express from Euclid Av to Broadway Junction.
- trains will not run between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr. Also, trains replace service in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.
- trains will not run between Lexington Av/63 St and Jay St-MetroTech. trains will replace service in Brooklyn between Jay St-MetroTech and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.
- trains are suspended in both directions between Broadway Junction and Jamaica Center. Take free shuttle buses and
- service is rerouted via the in both directions between Canal St and DeKalb Av.
Long Island Rail Road
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, the Long Island Rail Road will operate on a Holiday schedule with an extra westbound train departing Ronkonkoma at 7:10 a.m. and arriving at Penn Station at 8:31 a.m.
Off peak fares will be in effect all day.
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, MTA Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule.
The Hudson Rail Link, Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
The north end exits to Grand Central at 46th-47th-48th Streets will be closed.
Off-peak fares are in effect all day.
Staten Island Railway
On Friday, February 17, the Staten Island Railway will operate on an early evening rush hour schedule beginning at 2:30 p.m. to help folks get a jump start on the long weekend. On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, the Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Source:- MTA Rail
Tags: MTA Rail