- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Thursday, May 21, 2015
Memorial Day is coming on Monday, May 25, which means the MTA will add extra trains on Friday, May 22, to help New Yorkers get an early start on the long three-day weekend. On Memorial Day, most MTA services will operate on Sunday schedules. Details are below.
Long Island Rail Road
The Long Island Rail Road will provide ten additional early-afternoon train trains from Penn Station on Friday, May 22 for customers planning an early start to the Memorial Day Weekend. The LIRR will operate on a regular weekend schedule on Saturday and Sunday and on a holiday schedule on Memorial Day.
On Friday, May 22, Metro-North will provide 17 extra trains departing Grand Central between 1 and 4 p.m., and one extra departure from Hoboken Terminal on Metro-North’s Port Jervis Line. On Monday, May 25, Memorial Day, a Sunday schedule will be in effect on the Harlem, Hudson and New Haven Lines, and a weekend schedule will be in effect on the Port Jervis and Pascack Valley Lines.
Staten Island Railway
MTA Staten Island Railway will operate its Early Departure Get Away schedule on Friday, May 22. This schedule means extra SIR trains will be added earlier in the afternoon beginning at 2:30 p.m. from the St. George Ferry Terminal. There will be one express train and one local train awaiting every boat until 7:50 p.m. The Early Departure Get Away service plan on SIR is also available on Wednesday, July 3 (before Independence Day), Labor Day weekend, Christmas and New Year’s. It will also operate on the day before Thanksgiving.
New York City Subway
On Monday, May 25, New York City Transit Subways will operate on a Sunday schedule. Customers are reminded to use the or instead of the and the instead of the . Express service is not available on the and . In addition, on Sundays, some subway routes are shortened. The following diversions are in effect on Memorial Day through 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 26:
• Manhattan-bound trains run express from 14 St to Chambers St. Bronx-bound trains run express from Times Sq-42 St to 72 St.
• Brooklyn-bound trains run express from 14 St to Chambers St. Bronx-bound trains run express from Times Sq-42 St to 72 St.
• trains skip Rockaway Av and Van Siclen Av in both directions.
• Brooklyn-bound trains skip 103 St.
• Bronx-bound trains run local from Grand Central-42 St to 125 St.
• trains are suspended between E 180 St and Bowling Green in both directions. service is extended to Bowling Green.
• Far Rockaway/Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd bound, trains skip Rockaway Blvd.
• Manhattan-bound trains run express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 125 St.
• Brooklyn-bound trains run express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.
• Brooklyn-bound trains are rerouted on the line from 36 St to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.
• trains run local in both directions between Roosevelt Av and Forest Hills-71 Av in Queens.
• Brooklyn-bound trains are rerouted via the line from Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Wash Sq, and then via the to Jay St-MetroTech. trains run local in both directions from Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.
• Coney Island-Stillwell Av bound trains stop at 45 St and 53 St.
• Coney Island-Stillwell Av bound trains run express from Prospect Park to Kings Hwy.
• Brooklyn-bound trains stop at 53 St and 45 St. service is extended to the Jamaica-179 St station.
For all services, customers are encouraged to for “Current Service Changes” and “Planned Service Changes.” They may subscribe to our free email or text message alerts or use Tripplanner+ to plan their rides.
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
MTA Bridges and Tunnels will suspend all scheduled maintenance work beginning 1 p.m. on Friday, May 22, through the end of the morning rush on Tuesday, May 26, to accommodate motorists traveling throughout the busy travel weekend. Motorists can ease their trip by using EZPass.
Source:- MTA Rail
Tags: MTA Rail