New agreement reached between Southern Railway and train driver’s union Aslef

Published on : Thursday, March 16, 2017

Southern RailwayLeaders of Aslef are recommending acceptance of  new agreement following weeks of talks over a bitter row about driver-only trains.

 

Hundreds of thousands of commuters have faced chaos since the dispute began last year.

 

Aslef leaders said they would recommend their members accept the new agreement following weeks of talks over a row about driver-only trains.

 

A previous proposal was surprisingly turned down by Aslef members last month, but the union’s leaders say the new agreement offers solutions to all their concerns.

 

A new ballot will be held among Aslef’s 1,000 drivers on Southern, with the result due on 3 April.

 

Mick Whelan, the union’s general secretary, said that, this agreement has the full support of the negotiating team and the executive committee, and offers solutions to their concerns, as well as restoring the confidence of all parties and the travelling public.

 

Members of Aslef have taken six days of strike action in recent months which crippled Southern services.

 

The union banned overtime which also caused huge disruption to Southern’s 300,000 passengers.

 

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 06 THSA 2018
  • 07 miltcongress 2018
  • 08 ShanghaiWTF 18
  • 09 APHIC 18
  • 09 brainlinx 2018
  • 10 Digital Travel Summit EU 2018
  • 10 ITE 2018
  • 11 questexevents 18
  • 12 Traveldaily 18
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com