New Flight Routes from the UK to the USA in 2017
Published on : Monday, November 14, 2016
Brand USA is pleased to share the following summary of new flight routes from the UK to the USA available in 2017.
- British Airways will launch the first non-stop flights between London Heathrow Airport and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport beginning March 27, 2017. The four-times-per-week route will travel on the Dreamliner aircraft.
- British Airways will fly from London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale beginning July 6, 2017. The year round service will fly four times a week in the peak summer season and three times a week for the rest of the year. It will be British Airways’ third route from Gatwick to Florida.
- British Airways is also launching a new route to Oakland, San Francisco Bay from London Gatwick. The new service begins March 28, 2017 and will operate four days a week. It will be the airline’s first route from Gatwick to California, and its fifth service from London to California. The airport provides easy access to San Francisco which is a 35 minute drive.
- Delta has announced an inaugural direct flight route between London Heathrow and Portland, Oregon commencing on May 26, 2017. The seasonal four-times-weekly service will be the first to directly connect the UK with the hip city of Portland and its easy access to the Oregon coastline.
- Beginning March 26, 2017 Delta will add a second London Heathrow to Detroit service. This new flight replaces Virgin Atlantic’s daily Detroit to London Heathrow service.
- Delta will operate a third London Heathrow to Atlanta service, taking over the second daily route currently operated by Virgin Atlantic, beginning May 25, 2017. Virgin Atlantic will continue to operate one daily London Heathrow to Atlanta service.
- Following the successful launch of Delta’s inaugural service between Edinburgh and JFK earlier this year in May 2016, the airline has announced a new direct flight route commencing on May 26, 2017 between Glasgow and New York JFK – the only non-stop flight on this route.
- Icelandair has announced two new routes which will launch in 2017 to Philadelphia and Tampa. Both will travel from the UK via Reykjavik, with the Philadelphia service initially running four-times-weekly from May 30 until September 20, 2017 and the Tampa service running twice-weekly throughout the year beginning September 7, 2017.
- Thomas Cook will introduce a new Manchester to San Francisco flight beginning May 14, 2017. Thomas Cook will also increase the frequency of routes launched last year, with Los Angeles increasing from two flights per week up to three and Boston jumping from two flights to four per week.
- United Airlines will increase the frequency of its service to Los Angeles beginning April 5, 2017 with a second daily service from London Heathrow. This follows on from October 30, 2016 when a second daily Heathrow to San Francisco service commenced.
- Virgin Atlantic is launching a direct non-stop daily flight from London Heathrow to Seattle, from March 26, 2017 (replacing the service currently operated by Delta Airlines). A daily nonstop service between Manchester and New York-JFK will also commence on May 25, 2017 replacing the service currently operated by Delta. Delta will resume service for the winter 2017.
Tags: Brand USA, new flight routes