- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Monday, December 2, 2013
In the first big change to Virgin Trains’ services since the successful introduction of Virgin High Frequency (VHF) back in 2008, which has seen passenger numbers grow by almost 40 per cent, customers are set to benefit from a wide range of timetable improvements.
Highlights of the new December timetable include:
· over 3,000 more seats every day on our hourly services between Birmingham and Scotland
· new direct services from Milton Keynes, Coventry and Birmingham International to Scotland, the Lake District and the North West
· an extra late night service to Manchester leaving London at 22:50
· four trains an hour from London to Crewe with improved connections for customers travelling to and from Liverpool, Runcorn and Stafford
· additional open stops at Milton Keynes for selected peak time and late evening London services.
Graham Leech, Virgin Trains’ Executive Director, Commercial said:
“Our VHF service has been a big hit with customers but we are always looking at ways to make it better.
“This has been made possible thanks to our increased investment in both new and longer trains, having introduced four brand new Pendolinos and added a further 62 Standard carriages to our fleet last year.
“With that added flexibility we have been able to introduce these new service enhancements and we look forward to welcoming more customers onboard from December and continuing to deliver speedy and enjoyable journeys.”
Source:- Virgin Trains