New Zealand’s biggest business events showcase kicks off in Auckland
Published on : Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Conventions and Incentives New Zealand’s (CINZ) biggest showcase ever, MEETINGS 2016 celebrated its 20th year with a welcome event for 650 people at The Langham Auckland last night.
CINZ Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says the event is New Zealand’s leading platform for connecting influential domestic, Australian and international buyers with key regions, meeting facilities, accommodation, off-site venues and activities.
The two-day industry show which opened this morning, brings experiences from 19 regions of New Zealand and more than 190 exhibitors under one roof at ASB Showgrounds.
Exhibitors and buyers are paired together for 6,000 appointments and networking opportunities across two days and three nights.
“We are seeing strong interest in New Zealand as a place to host great conferences, incentives and events. The feedback from 60 Australian event organisers who toured our regions this week has been tremendous,” Sue Sullivan says.
Tourism New Zealand and Air New Zealand have brought 40 influential buyers and media from South-East Asia, India, China and North America to this year’s show.
“New Zealand buyers have travelled from all over the country to join us for the two days, together with a significant number of local Auckland event organisers coming in each day.”
CINZ MEETINGS 2016 is open to anyone who organises business events, meetings, conferences, exhibitions and incentive travel.
Air New Zealand is principal sponsor of MEETINGS 2016, and major sponsors are ASB Showgrounds, Peek Exhibition and Centium Software.
Speaking at the event from 10.30am to 12 noon tomorrow are leaders from MBIE, Air New Zealand, Tourism New Zealand, ATEED, New Zealand International Convention Centre and Christchurch Airport.
- CINZ MEETINGS 2016 is New Zealand’s largest business tourism trade exhibition, on June 15 and 16 at Auckland’s ASB Showgrounds.
- CINZ MEETINGS is celebrating its 20th year in 2016, and has been run by the industry association Conventions & Incentives New Zealand (CINZ) annually since 1997.
- CINZ MEETINGS is New Zealand’s leading platform for connecting influential domestic, Australian and international buyers with key regions, meeting facilities, accommodation, off-site venues and activities.
- Air New Zealand is Principal Sponsor for CINZ MEETINGS 2016, renewing its long-standing commitment to the sector and to the Hosted Buyer Programmes.
- Other major sponsors include ASB Showgrounds, Peek Exhibition, Centium Software and Auckland Convention Bureau.
- This year’s event will showcase close to 200 exhibitors from 19 regions across New Zealand to more than 500 New Zealand, Australian and international buyers. Exhibitors include venues, theming companies, hotels, AV companies, regional bureaux, attractions and activities.
- Up to 100 hosted buyers and media from New Zealand, 100 hosted buyers and media from Australia and more than 300 day buyers from all around New Zealand are set to attend.
- Tourism New Zealand (TNZ) and Air New Zealand are bringing influential international buyers and media from China, South East Asia, India and North America.
- Exhibitors and buyers will hold more than 6,000 meetings during the two days of pre-scheduled appointments and social networking events.
Tags: Conventions and Incentives New Zealand