Offbeat Honeymoon Destinations You Must Visit In South America
Published on : Friday, March 15, 2019
You’ve married the person of your dreams and you’re on top of the world, jubilant and radiant in sheer joy. What better way to celebrate your union than with a honeymoon in an exotic location?
Unfortunately, every commercial honeymoon destination these days is overcrowded and somehow looks better on the brochure than in reality. Yet, halfway across the world is a magical continent filled with locations that enthral, that enchant, that mesmerise. A honeymoon in South America is an experience that you will cherish for life.
- Live it up in Buenos Aires: Experience the Latino spirit in all its glory in the capital of Argentina, otherwise dubbed the Paris of South America- Buenos Aires. What makes the city special is that there’s a Buenos Aires for everyone. Couples looking for a quiet romantic outing can explore the million plazas, museums and cafes that inundate the city, while those who’re looking to experience the spice of Argentina can bust a move in the city known as the ‘birthplace of tango’. Not only will you want your trip to go on forever, but you’re guaranteed to book a return trip very soon.
- Experience the sunrise at Machu Picchu: Hike to the extraordinary lost city of the Incas in Peru. There is nothing quite as romantic as seeing the sun rise from the extraordinary ruins. As you bask in its glory, explore The Sun Temple and be enthralled bythe amount of greenery you are surrounded by, in this city untouched by time. Celebrate the timelessness of your love in this ageless and lush paradise.
- Soar through the endless blue skies in the Atacama Desert: What could be more romantic than a hot air balloon ride? How about a ride over the Atacama Desert in Chile over endless lunar landscapes and crystal lagoons, for a bird’s eye view? Satiate the animal lover in you by watching magnificent llamas and vicunas roam about in their natural habitat in the Cardones Gorge. You will have many Instagram worthy moments to capture in this sublime honeymoon destination, undiscovered by the prying eyes of the world.
- Soak in the beauty of the salt flats in Uyuni: The sight of the world’s largest salt flats will leave you at a loss for words. And that’s not all, in keeping with the theme of the place, many of the hotels in the region are built entirely of salt blocks too! Step into a fairy tale world of mineral lakes, salt piles and volcanic springs and surrender to the beauty. You and your loved one can also visit the Train Cemetery, one of the best tourist destinations of this whole region.
- Explore the city of romance, Cartagena: A city with a very rich historical heritage in Colombia, Cartagena can charm couples into walking on the narrow, cobbled streets, through the colonial architecture of the old city or the street art ladled locales of the Gestemani for hours on end. And that’s not where the fun ends because when the sun goes down, the nightlife begins. As you party by the Caribbean Sea, you could even spot a dolphin or two.
- Party through the night in Rio De Janeiro: For couples that wish to live it up along the coast of Brazil, there is no better place to be than Rio. The Ipanema Beach and the Copacabana Beach await those who wish to travel to this city of fun for a triple dose of sea, sun and sand! And if you prefer a more relaxing holiday, you and your special someone could always visit the beautiful Iguazu Falls or the virgin Ilha Grande, to immerse your soul in nature. The former capital of Brazil can satisfy every mood.
- Marvel at the mystique of Easter Island: And finally, enter a land that has been shrouded in mystery 400 km. away from the South American mainland. Easter Island is home to the massive moai stone statues that have captured the imagination of travellers through time. You could always swim in Anakena beach or scuba dive to find Underwater Moai, uncovering secrets that have eluded some of the foremost thinkers of this generation. With soft sand beaches and craters in glorious abundance, it’s the most unique place in the world.
Vishal Kejariewal, CEO & Co-Founder of Taxidio Travel said, “One can have the most exquisite honeymoon with their better half in South America. This is a perfect time to book a trip to South America right away”.
Tags: Offbeat Honeymoon Destinations, south america