Orlando International Shatters 38 Million Passenger Mark For First Time
Published on : Monday, December 21, 2015
Over 38 million passengers traveled through Orlando I nternational Airport (MCO) from October 2014 through October 2015, making it the busiest one year period in airport history.
“Our community’s tremendous business and tourism climate along with exceptional regional leadership have led to extraordinary international growth,” says Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “This is why we are in the midst of a record breaking year at Orlando International Airport and numbers
like these illustrate why we’re investing over $3 billion into our community’s transportation infrastructure and future.”
October Statistical Data:
- International traffic climbed nearly 24 percent with 436,839 passengers
- Domestic traffic also showed solid growth with a 4.7 percent increase over last October. In total over 2,620,101 domestic travelers passed through Orlando International.
- Combined overall traffic surged 7 percent in October with 3,056,940 passengers.
Rolling 12-Month Data:
- International traffic is up 17.2 percent with 4,951,712 total passengers
- Domestic traffic climbed 6.13 percent with 33,059,113 passengers
- Combined traffic is up 7.45 percent with a record 38,010,825 passengers
- International travel now accounts for more than 13 percent of MCO’s passenger total
Tags: Orlando International